Wtb 03-04 Ss Blue, In Alaska Preferred

SSenvy

Hey guys, just got pre approved. ive been Wanting an SS for many years now, and its time. I want to buy in alaska, because i dont want to hassel with the flying down, and driving back up. But not to say i wouldnt do it if i found the right one, within a reasonable distance. Pretty firm on Wanting blue, its always looked the best too me, and for aslong as ive waited, i wanna get the color i want the first time :yellow_loser:

Thanks for looking.

Justin

Hey man welcome to the site pepsicheer.gif. I'm here in Anchorage as well. There was a blue one for sale on Craigslist just a week ago, I don't see it there anymore but at one point it said something about Vito's Auto, so maybe check there. Besides that you're either gonna have to be patient until one comes up for sale or fly down to the west coast somewhere to pick one up. There is another member on here, his name is Matt*, and he flew down to Cali to get his SS and drove it up here in Anchorage, and it's an 03 Blue one too, i'm sure he'll chime in here in a bit. There's videos of his drive from Cali to Anchorage and they are pretty cool so maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to do. Feel free to message me anytime man, me and Matt* have got the inside scoop in Anchorage lol.

Edited by Jason* (see edit history)

Good luck finding one there was just an Arrival Blue one for sale on craigslist a couple weeks ago but I believe it sold. Anyways welcome to the site! I bought mine in California and drove it back for much cheaper than I could find one up here. pepsicheer.gif

As soon as I hit post I was like....wait a minute I bet Jason is already posting and sure enough! LOL

Lol too funny. This guy is probably gonna have to go down to the West Coast if he wants a blue SS isn't he? The only blue one i've seen was that sorta crappy one a week or so ago and i've been looking at Craigslist for about a year now. Plenty of black ones though, he should go buy that one in Eagle River that ran a 12.81 in the 1/4 mile...

Just to let you know the Arrival Blue 2004 is the 2nd most rare SS, and the Black Onyx 2007 being most rare. You most likely will have to go down to the lower 48. They did have an Indy 500 Silverado SS Parade Truck for sale up their, but it didnt look like it was taken care of too well compared to Matt and Jason's truck.

Just to let you know the Arrival Blue 2004 is the 2nd most rare SS, and the Black Onyx 2007 being most rare. You most likely will have to go down to the lower 48. They did have an Indy 500 Silverado SS Parade Truck for sale up their, but it didnt look like it was taken care of too well compared to Matt and Jason's truck.

Interesting didn't know any Indy 500 trucks were even up here, when did you see that one for sale? Just kinda curious.

Lol too funny. This guy is probably gonna have to go down to the West Coast if he wants a blue SS isn't he? The only blue one i've seen was that sorta crappy one a week or so ago and i've been looking at Craigslist for about a year now. Plenty of black ones though, he should go buy that one in Eagle River that ran a 12.81 in the 1/4 mile...

Haha yeah most likely, yeah I'm on Craigslist to all the time and blue ones almost never come up, you never know though. Yeah Carter's SS thats for sale is definitely a fast truck!

Haha yeah most likely, yeah I'm on Craigslist to all the time and blue ones almost never come up, you never know though. Yeah Carter's SS thats for sale is definitely a fast truck!

I'm curious about that Indy truck too...

Hey new guy, go buy that black SSS on Craigslist! Blue is cool but a 12.81 is cooler!

I'm curious about that Indy truck too...

Hey new guy, go buy that black SSS on Craigslist! Blue is cool but a 12.81 is cooler!

Only down side to the (correction)12.18* SS truck is that its not all that "everyday friendly" so to say with that cam for the average person. Thats my opinion though but its still nice.

Only down side to the (correction)12.18* SS truck is that its not all that "everyday friendly" so to say with that cam for the average person. Thats my opinion though but its still nice.

Whoops, yeah 12.18. You've got a good point about that truck being DD friendly, thats a pretty aggressive cam he's got, I wouldn't wanna drive it as a DD.

I want to say late last fall/winter or early spring this year. It was brought up when I found parade truck #15 in Ohio, then all of a sudden 2 more were up fore sale. The stickers were taken off which I could never understand why they would do that, wasnt garaged, its painfull even thinking how much that truck deserved a good home :shakehead: I honestley dont know what part of AK it was in though.

Jason, matt and 03mass, thanks for the info guys! Yeah, ive been a craigslist junkie for over a year now, looking at nearly every single state for SS's, and blue ones in anchorage are stupid Rare. I did see the 1 we had for sale a week ago, i did call the guy, the mileage was too high for what i wanted, im looking for something in the 60-80k mile range if at all possible. Plus the rims he had on it, were Very ugly. i just want a stock ss, with stock wheels for now.

I guess what worries me is all the paperwork crap to go through buying out of state, im pre qualified at my personal bank, and i dont feel like doing the loan game with other banks. Did you pay cash for yours matt, or did you finance?

When i get my truck, we'll have to get together sometime!

Again, thanks for the welcome guys!

Justin

Jason, matt and 03mass, thanks for the info guys! Yeah, ive been a craigslist junkie for over a year now, looking at nearly every single state for SS's, and blue ones in anchorage are stupid Rare. I did see the 1 we had for sale a week ago, i did call the guy, the mileage was too high for what i wanted, im looking for something in the 60-80k mile range if at all possible. Plus the rims he had on it, were Very ugly. i just want a stock ss, with stock wheels for now.

I guess what worries me is all the paperwork crap to go through buying out of state, im pre qualified at my personal bank, and i dont feel like doing the loan game with other banks. Did you pay cash for yours matt, or did you finance?

When i get my truck, we'll have to get together sometime!

Again, thanks for the welcome guys!

Justin

No problem Justin, like I said man you need any help just let us know, we'll try and hook you up. It's good you didn't go with that blue SS on CL, it's exhaust was screwed up, along with it's front bumper and had an ugly grill and wheels as you already stated. With the mileage you're looking for you pretty much have to look outside of Alaska bud, there is a slim chance you'll get that lucky to find one with what you want. I got VERY lucky to find what I wanted, but then again I was searching for about 6 months before I found mine, and red isn't as rare as blue.

Not to jump on Matt's question but i'm pretty sure he paid cash for his, around $11,000 right Matt? I financed mine though through USAA.

Yeah we're trying and get together the SS crew every few months (when it's not snowing or icy) and are already planning a winter break-up get together, so stay tuned for that and i'll make sure to keep you posted as well.

Good luck bud,

Jason