Mud Flaps

<br />I have some that are painted to match but I haven't installed them, probably won't either. I don't think my lowered sport truck would look good with mud flaps.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Are they molded for the truck?

Sent From My Droid X on Vortex

Dont run any as the truck doesnt see winter but were yours contoured or normal flaps? Im suprised they cracked considering some snowbankws I went through in 2005. I would personally run the Husky Liners...

I would say contoured? They are solid (as in little to no bend) without much give as compared with a typical flimsy mudflap. They do (did) have a white bowtie on them.

I have some that are painted to match but I haven't installed them, probably won't either. I don't think my lowered sport truck would look good with mud flaps.

I'm sure they wouldn't/don't look good, but I'm just trying to keep road spray/grime off my truck as much as possible. What type of flaps were they to begin with before you had them painted?

Edited by bison1040 (see edit history)

I'm sure they wouldn't/don't look good, but I'm just trying to keep road spray/grime off my truck as much as possible. What type of flaps were they to begin with before you had them painted?

They were ones that came with the truck from the dealership, and they were the hard molded ones.

i got mine from the dealer in 03. put them on for the winter and never took them off. out here a lot of the roads are dirt/gravel and when it rains it's all mud, even on the paved ones get rocks and mud run across them, so it helps alot..

post-2901-021777200 1322097546_thumb.jpg

I would say contoured? They are solid (as in little to no bend) without much give as compared with a typical flimsy mudflap. They do (did) have a white bowtie on them.

Yes they are contoured. Those are the ones that go best on the trucks. I also agree you should run flaps they save so much salt/sand spray. If you want to go even further to protect your paint get the Lund plastic running boards, you would be suprised how much they keep junk off the paint with the mud guards. Can always take the running boards off for summer. I know I will be adding them to my truck and will probably get flack for it but its easier on my hip and I think itll add a nice touch with the lights on the running board when you use the remote start. Good luck with new flaps :chevrolet:

I have the OEM GM Chevrolet Bow Tie - Plastic contoured mud flaps ...

Don't know what they cost, but shamed the dealership into giving them to me when I bought the truck ... :thumbs:

Surprisingly they don't look bad either ... :thumbs:

My truck doesn't see winter, but it does see dirt and mud ...

100_0441.jpg

100_0245.jpg

SSS10.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)