Lilez02'S Silverado Build

LilEz02

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

finally got the rear end put all together with a detroit trutrac, gm 3.73's and a moser girdle cover. kinda funny when you flip over the moser cover, its got t/a performance stamped in it. put the wheels all back on and now i just gotta get together the money for the tune. i started it for the first time. only concern is soon as i hook up the battery, the efans come on right side only on high. when i hooked them up, i added a pin to the computer #42 for high. tapped into the green ac turn on wire and added a relay for low speed. when the tune happens it will ground pin 42 at temp. to turn on high. sound right? if so could it be grounded all the time till its tuned? i followed a how to thread on pt.net and went through it a thousand times so im pretty sure its correct. the op on the thread is m.i.a now. but overall im really impressed with how it sounded and gotta thank Ryan (Sinr98) again. the cam sounds amazing!

p.s. Dougie (DGIEPSS) noticed last sunday they put my truck in the stylin trucks new magazine!

6e29aa23.jpg

g80 vs trutrac

7275e766.jpg

f49e7468.jpg

cdeff381.jpg

c231b6ba.jpg

• 1 month later...

got the rear sway bar done and wow what a difference. got the wheatly tune and its been driving for a few weeks. this thing is night and day difference. with all i did it feels good to finally drive. probly wont update much till oct/nov when it goes back away. next plans are pull motor for paint and install head studs and mls gaskets, fuel pump and injectors and a front mount turbo kit and 4l80 so hopefully thats what gets done by next spring. im just gonna try to max the 4.8 till i break it unless i come across a 6.0 before that. im excited to see what it does at track this year. somewhere i got stock 1/4 time slips, so i can compare times with everything i did. ill run it with the 22's the first time then stock steel 17's after that. thanks everyone who answered any questions and gave advice the last year!

• 3 weeks later...

well 600 miles on everything and headed to summit racing last sunday and i was on it pretty hard, third gear at about 5500 rpms and from what i can tell the clip came un done on u joint and this happened. with eveything i did to truck this season, im glad this was the issue. ill take it! chalk one up to human error

e2d5136d.jpg

0dd7bd92.jpg

000dd6af.jpg

328d9fa7.jpg

4df995dd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i got them on pt.net but i seen a member, dont remember who, found a site to buy them. i think its in the appearance section. ill look for it. ohh and finally a small update. got the new slip yoke finally. with no luck on a used one or the probably 8 junk yards i went to i had to bite the bullet and get a new one from the general. kinda surprised they have a big balancer weight on them now.

425A5412-B9C7-4872-829A-9FEF2977CB05-3639-00000480A91F0EFA.jpg

2B4E2C9B-CD48-4BD7-87B4-2BA333B27EEF-3639-000004809699B25A.jpg