4.8 Silverado Ss?

jm3907

Wow so they put a 4.8 into a real SS and put a front mount turbo on it??? I can't read half the comments but all I have to say is wow fail. I think I'll quote someone not sure who said this but

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

good god they ruined that thing. And wtf is up with he low pro tires on a stock 20 inch rim... never understood the way mexicans do things to their cars.

Hey im mexican lol but yeah I know I am the same way i also don't understand but it is wat it is

as much as i dont like a 4.8 in a SS truck, have to give them props for cracking 10 seconds. I always see a certain tuner talking about 4.8 vortec and certain setups. Does the 4800 vortec weigh that much less than the VHO LQ9 to get it in those numbers?

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

as much as i dont like a 4.8 in a SS truck, have to give them props for cracking 10 seconds. I always see a certain tuner talking about 4.8 vortec and certain setups. Does the 4800 vortec weigh that much less than the VHO LQ9 to get it in those numbers?

It has to do with the short stroke of the 4.8. Not much torque so tires hook, and big HP in the top end to trap excellent speeds and e.t's.

sent from my thunderbolt