4.8 Silverado Ss?

jm3907

I don't think they have ran a 10 with it yet, but I could see it going 10's. It will take what i'd guess at 26psi of boost with a 15psi or so launch to run a high 10. This means that the motor will be on edge and won't live long. The 4.8L has a short stroke, but a nice long rod does help the power. With the right cam and that big of a turbo shift points would likely be in the 7200-7800 range as of course you'd need to make the power to go 10's. Quik has made over 700rwhp with his 4.8L using the same idea's. It's fun stuff to do if you don't mind replacing the motor on occasion since even the slightest mistake will take it out. My buddy TJ at one time had an S10 with the stock 2.2L running 26-28psi and it held up just fine. It took out one motor with the timing chain breaking, one from sucking up water, and I think a third from a piston mishap, but that one I can't remember for sure. He now has an aluminum 5.3L powered S10. He'd also found the limits to the LQ9 in a GTO (yes TJ put the LQ9 in there) at 26+psi where the rod just becomes shorter. With the stock longblock except valve springs and camshaft the GTO ran 9's and made something like 850RWHP. The edge is fun to be on if you don't mind changing motors. lol

....wow...just why!

when i saw the gap when the electrical fans were put in my SSS i thought to myself

"never thought i would say this but that V8 looks small and it now looks like can fit a V10 in herepeelout.gif."

i mean i am not impressed by the track times but hey i guess people do what they like to do

i agree those tires look terrible on them (maybe to cut down on weightconfused.gif)

^^^ when I brought my ss home my girl's uncle saw the engine and said "that's it" but I let his f250 have it on the back roads haha 10's aren't impressive? Tires for weight? Wtf! It's slammed that's why it has low pro's. And yea zippy I agree could see 10's but only time will tell.