Corsa Db

scrapinby

Well, like the title says, I just ordered a Corsa dB system. Pretty much everything I've read on this site is either about the Corsa sport or touring. From my research, this looks like Corsa's entry level system. My understanding is that the pipes and muffler are made out of OEM quality stainless, where the sport and touring kits are made from a higher quality stainless steel.

Here's a link to the system I ordered. They are running 15% off and free shipping today , bringing the total down to $478.13.

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A5936A0A0.aspx

Just to let you know that is for the 5300 Vortec. That is why when you look up the SS exhaust systems, a Z-71 shows up on the page of the Db series and on the Sport and Touring pages they have an SS pictured.

It is made in the same factory and evertyhing, same materials same quality.

I trust the Corsa website overr Autoanything......

edit-not for price, but for correct parts on which the Db series belongs on. You can even call Corsa, they dont recomend the Db on the VHO/LQ9 engine.

Is this not Corsa's website advertising this part for the Silverado SS?

http://www.corsaperf.com/product_locator_2.aspx?make=14&model=150&year=2003

Is this not Corsa's website advertising this part for the Silverado SS?

http://www.corsaperf...l=150&year=2003

is that a silverado ss pictured? Go to the touring and sport page and you will see a SS pictued not a 5.3 z-71. Call them up and ask is all i can say, i dont want to start an argument.

is that a silverado ss pictured? Go to the touring and sport page and you will see a SS pictued not a 5.3 z-71. Call them up and ask is all i can say, i dont want to start an argument.

If you go to the touring and sport page, the picture of the exhaust looks exactly the same (exept for the tip). That era of 5.3 didn't have a Y pipe, just the bolt on flange. The fact that there is a normal Silverado just tells me that they're lazy with the website. I have no doubt that it's the right kit for our trucks. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by scrapinby (see edit history)

Well, like the title says, I just ordered a Corsa dB system. Pretty much everything I've read on this site is either about the Corsa sport or touring. From my research, this looks like Corsa's entry level system. My understanding is that the pipes and muffler are made out of OEM quality stainless, where the sport and touring kits are made from a higher quality stainless steel.

Here's a link to the system I ordered. They are running 15% off and free shipping today , bringing the total down to $478.13.

http://www.autoanyth...1A5936A0A0.aspx

Hi,

You'll love them! I have the same exhaust system. Easy to install and sounds great!! Start ups rumble, idle is deep, cruising is mellow (no cabin droan) and lastly - WOT sounds awesome!!

The only thing I would change is the exhaust tip. Gets fouled easily. I'm looking for a double wall type to fit in there. I think the single wall tip gets hot and water spray, tar and road film sticks to it. For cleaning, I use kerosene to remove the tar and grime. Then a quick SS polish.... Looks new again, but does not last.

I hope this helped, :-)

Hi,

You'll love them! I have the same exhaust system. Easy to install and sounds great!! Start ups rumble, idle is deep, cruising is mellow (no cabin droan) and lastly - WOT sounds awesome!!

The only thing I would change is the exhaust tip. Gets fouled easily. I'm looking for a double wall type to fit in there. I think the single wall tip gets hot and water spray, tar and road film sticks to it. For cleaning, I use kerosene to remove the tar and grime. Then a quick SS polish.... Looks new again, but does not last.

I hope this helped, :-)

Thanks! I had a Corsa on my '04 5.3 and loved it. I imagine it will sound very similar to that truck. If that's the case, I'm going to be very happy.

I actually just called Corsa yesterday and asked what the differences were between the Sport system and the dB system for the SSS's so I figured I'd post up what I found out.

Heres what the guy said:

- Corsa Sport systems were made entirely of the higher quality 304 stainless steel (all piping, muffler, and tip) and obviously the nicer dual walled dual tip along with the nicer exaust clamps. The sound is deep and throaty.

- the dB system has 409 stainless steel for the pipes and the muffler and tip are made of 304. It has the cheaper style exhaust "u" bolt type clamps and the regular slash cut tip. Sound wise he said it has a little different tone "kind of like a diesel truck sound"

- BOTH have the same HP and TQ gains and dont have the interior drone that corsa is famous for elminating. He said no matter what I chose I would be happy with either system.

For a definition of the different types of stainless steel I did a search and got this off of http://www.stainlessworks.net/support/frequently-asked-questions.html?SID=bo98hl53798sl3kg59cfpvd1f0#4

"What is the difference between grades of stainless steel (304, 321, 409…..?)

Without getting into the specifics of metallurgical properties, 409 is what is typically used on OEM applications. It has fair corrosion resistance, is magnetic due to the high metallic content, but is a less expensive material than 304. 409 is not an ideal material for a performance/restoration exhaust system because it will turn color (brownish/rust) from being exposed to the atmosphere without ever being run. For OEM’s who never care what the exhaust system looks like, it is a decent material that will last long enough to get past the warranty period. 304 stainless steel has much better corrosion resistance and a lower metallic content than 409. 304 will not turn color from sitting exposed to the atmosphere, and will only discolor slightly from getting extremely hot. The best thing about 304 is that you can maintain it with a scotch bright pad if you ever spill oil on it or have it discolor. Stainless Works only uses Everlast 304 stainless steel, which is a premium mil spec grade of stainless steel that is slightly more expensive than standard stainless steel, but is processed much more closely and is more consistent. "

Hope this help anyone else comparing the two systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I typed out this super long explenation of what happened. It is probably hard to follow and not very interesting. The condensed version is I got a shipment confirmation, order never shipped, and now I'm getting the runaround from autoanything who claims to be getting the runaround from Corsa. I'm pretty close to losing my temper and cancelling the order. My excitement for the exhaust is making me impatient for it to get here, but it's also what's keeping me frome telling them to pound sand.

Here are the gory details.

I ordered this exhaust on 11/29 through AutoAnything.com. I was originally given an anticipated ship date of 12/9-12/15. I got a shipping confirmation on 12/15. It was the "shipment information was received...............". My expected arrival date was 12/16. Fast forward to 12/16 and my tracking information still says "shipment information was received.....". Now there is not an anticipated arrival date, but an anticipated ship date of 12/15. What this tells me is that the package never actually shipped. I called autoanything at about 4:15 Friday afternoon. The person I spoke with was very nice, and told me she'd get to the bottom of this and call me back. I waited 'til about 5:45 and called her back. I told her that I wasn't trying to be a pain, but it was nearing the end of the work week, and I would really like to know what was going on with my order. She said she hadn't received a return call and would get ahold of me before she went home for the evening. She called be back at about 7:45 and told me that the person at the warehouse had went home without calling her and wouldn't be back 'til Monday. She then said she'd figure out what was going on Monday morning and would call me back. She never called back. I called Monday at about 1:15. The person I spoke to said he'd call Corsa, and figure out what is going on. He asked if I wanted to hold or if I wanted him to call me back. Guess what, he never called me back. I finally called back at about 4:30. The person I spoke to this time said the other guy was put on hold at Corsa for 45 minutes before giving up. He then turned it over to Autoanything's purchasing department. He said to give them 24 hours to get in touch with Corsa to figure out what's going on.

Edited by scrapinby (see edit history)

Im with Eerkroar, but if Corsa knows its for a Silverado SS I wouldnt be suprised if their hesitant to ship it out, I stand by my word these are made for the 5300 Vortecs. They may fit the SS but were made for the 5.3 litre engine.

Just voicing what I was told by the dude at Corsa. And 05_silver_SS talking about the piping used and grades is correct. I was also told that. Maybe a tuner can chime in and see what they have seen about these exhausts and give us first hand knowledge.

Regardless, good luck with your issues and I hope it is resolved quickly so you have a new exhaust soon. :pepsicheer::chevrolet: