Corsa Db

scrapinby

OK, so I got it on Friday. I installed it today. I HATE IT!!! It is undriveable in it's current condition. It sounds like two ricers with fart cans are racing each other, and that's at 1400 RPMS! I can't drive this thing out of the neighborhood without being the neighborhood ****.

I can think of three causes.

1) 03mass was right. This exhaust really isn't for our trucks.

2) No cats. My truck doesn't have any catalytic converters. It made the stock exhaust raspy, but this dB system is insane. This is my best guess.

3) Bad lifter. I've been battling an exhaust rattle in my truck since right after I bought it in July. My rattle was the worst after the truck warmed up, and at about 1800 RPMs. When I get off the freeway it would rattle like crazy right before it downshifted. I had two mechanics that I trust look at it. One thinks it has a bad lifter and it was being amplified in the muffler. The other thought it was either a catalytic converter or loose baffle in the muffler. We eliminated the cats (one of them was plugged and the truck was running like crap), but the sound continued. I have no doubt that something was loose in the factory exhaust. I could get under the truck and pound it and it would rattle. I could hear crap rattling in the factory exhaust after I took it out. There was certainly something wrong with it.

4) Something is wrong with the muffler I got. Maybe they forgot the muffling part lol.

I honestly don't know where to go from here. I guess I'll call Corsa techical support on Monday, and maybe have a local muffler shop look at it.

Sorry to hear of the issue bro, maybe a tune will help it out a little.....I wasnt trying to be Mr. know it all but I was told to not get that exhaust by Corsa reps, only sport or touring.

I hope that you get it all situated and get it to where you intended and want to be. Merry Christmas bud :pepsicheer:

OK, so I guess I'll give you the update. I've been in touch with Chad from Corsa. I have been emailing and calling him since Monday. This has been a painfully slow process. What they have come up with is that it's the lack of factory catalytic converters that is causting this issue. He suggests that I put them back on and I'll be good to go. I told him that putting the factory cats on my truck will cost about $1,000, so that's not going to happen. He's not sure if putting a Corsa touring muffler on my pipes will solve the issue or not, but they'll be kind enough to sell me one for just a tick over $400. I told him I didn't want to spend an extra $400, especially since they don't know for sure if it will fix the problem. He also recommended that I keep my eye out for a used touring muffler on ebay and craigslist. I'm not interested in spending more money or time getting this taken care of.

I told him that I'd be putting my factory exhaust back on. I asked about the return policy. He said that Corsa wouldn't participate, but I was welcome to contact autoanything. I'm waiting to hear back from my guy at autoanything. I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling I'll have a like new Corsa dB system for sale here very soon.

Like I told Chad from Corsa, I don't think anyone intentionally did anything wrong. It's just an unfortunate set of circumstances that result in this not working for me. I'm not very happy that it looks like I'm going to be the one left holding the bag. I'm also more than a little frustrated at the complete lack of urgency from anyone at Corsa. My order was supposed to ship 12/15 (they even sent me a shipping notification). They didn't ship it 'til 12/22 (Chad promised me it would ship 12/21, but that didn't happen). During this time I spoke to people at autoanything that couldn't get ahold of Corsa, and I personally sat on hold with Corsa for over 2 hours to get ahold of someone.

Wow, sorry to hear that you had so much trouble getting the system, and then are unhappy with the results as well.

My experience, however, was quite the opposite. I ordered a Corsa Sport for my new Sierra Denali from AutoAnything and it came in the early part of the date estimate that they gave me. And it sounds fantastic. I've had nothing but good experience with AutoAnything on all the items I've bought from them.

Wow, sorry to hear that you had so much trouble getting the system, and then are unhappy with the results as well.

My experience, however, was quite the opposite. I ordered a Corsa Sport for my new Sierra Denali from AutoAnything and it came in the early part of the date estimate that they gave me. And it sounds fantastic. I've had nothing but good experience with AutoAnything on all the items I've bought from them.

I was unhappy with autoanything for a minute. My frustration with them was when I was sent a shipping confirmation number and it never got shipped. I didn't know at that time that it was being drop shipped by Corsa. It was 100% Corsa's fault. I've been dealing with a guy named Ramon at AA and they've actually made their way back into my good graces. Like I said earlier, I had another Corsa on my old Z71 and loved it. I actually worked at a Chevy dealer and back then Corsas were a GM Accessory. The dealer I worked at sold at least 10 Corsa systems, all using my truck as the demo. I'm pretty disapointed that this isn't going to work for me. I loved the sound of my old Corsa.

I spoke with autoanything. It looks like the system is for autoanythiing to request a return authorization from Corsa. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Corsa will deny it sometime late next week.

EDIT

It is for sale pending Corsa refusing to warrantee it.

http://www.silverado...t-back-exhaust/

Edited by scrapinby (see edit history)

I put a set of factory cats back on the truck. It made a night and day difference. The rasp at low RPMs was unbearable before.

I'm still not super happy with the sound. It doesn't really sound like a Corsa to me. It sounds like a beat up farm truck with glass packs. My problme is not how loud it is, it's the tone that it has. It sounds better than the factory system, but not as good as other Corsas I've heard before. If I had it to do all over again, I'd spend a couple of more bucks for the touring system.

Edited by scrapinby (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I apologize for not keeping up to date with this. I ended up spending the extra money and going with the Crosa Sport system from autoanything. I love it! I had it installed in about 45min using the lift at my work. That includes taking the old stock system off. I am very happy with the sound. Its pretty quite at idle and on the highway but has a very nice deep tone when you stand on it.

Here are some videos I did right before with the stock system, right after i pulled it off the lift with the corsa system. and then after i drove it a while i took it out for an acceleration video.

Stock:

Freshly installed Corsa Sport:

Corsa Sport rev and take off: