Updated Factory Tune

harriss

03mass, i am under warranty, but not from a dealership. I know that I said dealership in a previous post, but I bought it from a used car dealer.

If your stock tune is the problem with your oil life issue, go to the dealership and have them do it, your under warranty right?

Noob question lol, what would be the reason for an updated factory tune? What did they fix or improve?

GM every now and then releases updates to fix either tuning issues, running condition, and minor problems due to software issues. A lot of people don't notice them because a custom tune addresses some of these issues, i.e. low idle, or their tuner has updated operating systems and the end user doesn't even know that they have been updated.

I too was wondering about a updated file, My truck never sets the Catalyst system or the Evap system to ready and i can't take it to inspection.Also I notice some of the misfire tables have way different numbers between cyclinders Hey Z.ippy I tried to save the 03 SS file and I get a error message (Unable to open file. Index was outside the bounds of the array). If you don't mind helping me get this file I would like to see the difference to my stock 03 SS tune, Thanks chris

I too was wondering about a updated file, My truck never sets the Catalyst system or the Evap system to ready and i can't take it to inspection.Also I notice some of the misfire tables have way different numbers between cyclinders Hey Z.ippy I tried to save the 03 SS file and I get a error message (Unable to open file. Index was outside the bounds of the array). If you don't mind helping me get this file I would like to see the difference to my stock 03 SS tune, Thanks chris

If you're getting that it means you need the beta update to open it.

• 2 weeks later...