Bed Cover Fit Problem

The body shop just called and said my ARE bed cover will not fit my stock tailgate top piece. DAMNIT!!!! They are suggesting to put a stock tailgate top rail piece on it. i guess that is what I will do. Anyone else had this problem??

i seen that problem before. im sure some one who went through it will chime in. i know the black plastic would look weird on a ss but stylin trucks sells one like thats is smooth and paintable

The black one can always be smoothed and painted.

The only cover, that I am aware of, that allows for the stock cap to remain is the Gaylord's. When I had the Speedsturr lid put on the SS, I had to argue with the shop that did it because they wanted to take the stock cap off.

The only cover, that I am aware of, that allows for the stock cap to remain is the Gaylord's. When I had the Speedsturr lid put on the SS, I had to argue with the shop that did it because they wanted to take the stock cap off.

iamwithstupid.gif The speedstur lid is the way to go and looks awesome! Its parked right next to my truck and makes me jealous every time I see it. thumb.gif Mines got the ARE tonneau cover and I removed the tailgate spoiler so it could fit.