Silverado Ss Cluster

soldadoblanco

Hey guys just wanting to get some feed back im looking into getting an ss cluster for my ss clone project just wanted to know what if any are the differences between 03-05 cluster to that of an 06

03-05 should be the same and the 06 and up ones have a different display for the PRND321 selector its more of like a light bulb that points to the position the shifters in vs the digital display in the 03-05's.

I thought the earlier ones also had more info/options/setting (whatever you want to call it) in the DIC.

good stuff guys appreciate the feed back.if i was to replace my stock speedometer with an ss one are they plug n play or is there more to it to get them to work properly??

No idea if its plug and play, but the DIC I believe is seperate thank the entire guage face. I believe the DIC is probably completely seperate than the guages, and yes after 03-04 or 03-05 they started cutting costs and their was less info stored in the DIC's.

My bad I should have clarified, I meant the fonts for the speedometer, gas gauge, oil temp etc were changed in either 05 or 06, not the font for the DIC. :pepsicheer:

Oh really? Hmm I never noticed. I'll have a look at Gavins (ThatTallCanadian) speedo

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-general-discussion-130/hmmm-differences-between-03-05-gauge-cluster-06-07-a-435780/

I actually learned something myself, I didn't know. I thought the base models used the individual leds and the premium models the lcd readout. However, my friend has an 06 d-max and it has the lcd PRNDM1 display.