Love The Awd!

MARTYW

Well, i have a 500 gallon propane tank in my yard that needed moving yesterday. First, I hooked my S10 to it. It squatted and immediately started spinning. Then, we hooked my father-in-law's '95 C1500 to it. Again, all it did was spin (yard is soft from heavy rains last week). Then, i hooked the SS to it and it took off and never spun a tire! It never hesitated, just took off with it like nothing was there. I must say I am proud of my AWD today!

If not for things like that or ice, any other time it sucks. Cant power brake, cant burnout at the racetrack, kinda sucks the rest of the time.

:dunno: who really need's to burnout. that just waste tires and i'd rather hook and go. ask the 2wd guys with power how it is hooking up from a dig on street tires. hell even from a roll its a pain some times. i'm all about my AWD. heck from the line is where i win most races. yeah i cant go out a lay 100feet worth of rubber down. but i dont have to worry about ripping up tires.

:dunno: who really need's to burnout. that just waste tires and i'd rather hook and go. ask the 2wd guys with power how it is hooking up from a dig on street tires. hell even from a roll its a pain some times. i'm all about my AWD. heck from the line is where i win most races. yeah i cant go out a lay 100feet worth of rubber down. but i dont have to worry about ripping up tires.

:squintnoeswerdrun:

Glad the SS made ya proud Marty, we just got 6 inches of heavy wet snow today in anchorage alaska... get too see how my new SS does also.

I realize both configurations have their charms, but I cant afford to be melting the 20's lol. If i had my way, i would have a 2WD and an AWD. I do love the handling and traction of the AWD, but I do have the front diff howl too. I guess there is a trade-off for everything!!!

:squintnoeswerdrun:

Glad the SS made ya proud Marty, we just got 6 inches of heavy wet snow today in anchorage alaska... get too see how my new SS does also.

+1. Wouldnt trade AWD for 2WD or even 4WD. Traction is never an issue. You'll love your SS in the snow.