Whats The Best Programmer?

MidwestSS

Just being straight forward. i wouldn't waste your money on a hand held programmer. like others have said get ahold of a custom tuner here on the forum and they will set you up. i had a hand held when i first got my truck. wow what a waste. then i had a custom tune built and thats the only way to go. it might be a bit more cash but well worth it in my opinion.

You have any mods or stock? I would personally add some mods before tuning it like an cold air intake and cat back exhaust, then tune it. You'll notice more gains with more mods. :chevrolet:

thats what i plan on doing for now its stock but in the next couple of months im gonna add, cold air intake headers and exhaust. ive already got dual flowmasters but i want a mean sounding exhaust. any recommendations on any of these?

I would do a search on YouTube or performancetrucks.net and listen to different trucks and see which one sounds the best for you. Flowmasters drone real bad but some people like the sound just whatever you like. I finally ditched my flows for a set of straight through magnaflows.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm.running a superchips.programmer and have found that after mods, its a very basic tune. Definately look at a custom tune. I'm researching now and just waiting for.a.few responses. As far as an exaust, I did a lot.of research there and the corsa sport cat back is the way I went. All stainless, a little pricey, but very happy. Street side auto was the best number I saw . And on doorstep 2 days later. Easy.install. great sound. And not much louder in cab, and of course, no drone.