05' fans

zippy

Okay, I am alittle lost here. Are the 05 fans being refered to, the stock fans that come in the 2005 SS? And if so, do they just bolt right in place? :flag:

Yes, nobody knows yet. No one has gotten them and tried.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the updates, zippy.

I don't think the fans will be an easy plug'n'play on the wiring. Any PCM without fans originally will need to be reprogrammed for the fans. The '03 PCMs seem to only have output for one fan relay - this requires more trick wiring to make it behave like a stock vehicle which has two fan relay outputs.

BTW, if anyone figures out a second fan relay for the '03 PCMs (other than pin 42), please speak up.

PCMforless and Allen both sell relay kits to control both fans independently, using the PCM.

:withstupid::thumbs: that was how i was thinking it should be done. i'm going to look into another way of running them, but that is the way they should be hooked up.

PCMforless and Allen both sell relay kits to control both fans independently, using the PCM.

Not exactly true. I have Allen's fan relays. One fan runs off the PCM and one fan runs of the AC control line. I just jumpered both to the PCM (easy work around -- PM me for details) so that I could always always always have both fans on.

Not exactly true. I have Allen's fan relays. One fan runs off the PCM and one fan runs of the AC control line. I just jumpered both to the PCM (easy work around -- PM me for details) so that I could always always always have both fans on.

that is how i have mine done. on fan on when the AC is turned on, and one when the engine reaches temp. seems to be working fine.

But your also from MN and we are in Florida, it gets considerably hotter here. I think running them both is a great idea. When I finally pick up a set, I am going to also add a switch to keep them running all the time for cooling off at the track.

But your also from MN and we are in Florida, it gets considerably hotter here. I think running them both is a great idea. When I finally pick up a set, I am going to also add a switch to keep them running all the time for cooling off at the track.

it gets hot here too...for like a day...we had a few days above 90 this year :thumbs: ...

Archived