If You Had $1000 For Mods?

Maybe to a lesser degree but i think you'd be surprised to know how many on this site end up tens of thousands deep. Again, it would be interesting to know. What happens when you break that grand in the first month? Are you seriously going to stop? Do you have that kind of control, or that many other projects?

Other projects are my interests.

This a driver I want get a little extra from.

Sounds like the CAI, trans mods and a mail order tune will do what I want.

What will the shift characteristics be like with the trans mods, not too sharp? Just firmer?I would like to hear rubber on the 1-2 shift under full throttle..

Edited by 1STTEXAN (see edit history)

<br />Servos<br />

Shift kit<br />

Tune<br />

<br />

Depending what headers you choose, you could easily go over your $1,000 budget with them alone.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Agreed, you may also want to add a cai to the list.If it is still in your budget just have a new muffler welded in place of the heavy space consuming thing GM calls a muffler.

As for the free flow cats you could just gut the existing ones you have now, its on my list of things to do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

What will the shift characteristics be like with the trans mods, not too sharp? Just firmer?I would like to hear rubber on the 1-2 shift under full throttle..

It will firm the shifts up.You tuner can adjust how firm you want it to shift.

MAIL ORDER!?!?!:idiot: You live in houston!! aka performance truck capital of the world lol. There are plenty of great tuners here.

MAIL ORDER!?!?!:idiot: You live in houston!! aka performance truck capital of the world lol. There are plenty of great tuners here.

I will forgo the idiot comment!:smoker:

Ok who is the most highly reccomended tuner here in Houston?

Edited by 1STTEXAN (see edit history)

Corsa Sport (little over $700). I dont think you will need a tune yet, unless you go deeper into mods. I would do a tune, cai and beef the tranny up after the Corsa, then a tune will benefit you most. More supporting mods, more the tune helps. You have a rwd truck so a dyno would be good, but the tune is only as good as the tuner himself :chevrolet:

I would say do a set of headers and a tune. If there is any money left do a shift kit. As for tuning I'd say either buy hp tuners and have someone tune it for you or bring it to a reputable tuner in Texas and have a dyno tune done.

I would say do a set of headers and a tune. If there is any money left do a shift kit. As for tuning I'd say either buy hp tuners and have someone tune it for you or bring it to a reputable tuner in Texas and have a dyno tune done.

This