Search Button And Random Comments

sleepingcrna

Question

Most of the time i tend to ignore a lot of the laziness or bashing that happens. And sometimes i'm guilty of enjoying the jabbing and trashing that goes on here, but lately it seems like a very helpful and friendly site is getting a little out of hand.....IN MY OPINION only.

Sooooo, this is more simple venting and discussion. I know this would never happen and is probably not even an option, but here goes:

We all do searches and come up empty, then turn to people on the forum for answers. Even when we don't do a very good search, it's pretty evident and we assume the risk of getting flamed when we ask the questions. But maybe people, new and old, don't realize that several of the questions being asked have been asked here at least 100 times over the years. The search on here can be finicky but WORKS when you're persistent. Is there a way to set up a tutorial on how to search for content before being allowed to become a member? I know the answer to that, so no need to answer.

And random comments made to others posts....can you add a tutorial on how to STFU when you don't have anything helpful to add? Some comments are made to pad a post count, some just out of ignorance, some to truly be helpful but aren't and some just playful banter. But it's usually obvious which is which and some people just don't get it. That tutorial may help people understand when to add something and when to STFU.

Again, i know neither of these is an option, but maybe this thread will be a tutorial in itself, at least for those reading it and commenting in hopes of reaching the almighty prize winning 10,000 post Tampax grand prize count. Please feel free to comment. I need help in my quest for 1000 posts.

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I in my opinion (and its just that) I feel if a newb asks a question that has been asked by all of us when we first joined we should answer their question and also provide a link to the most asked questions to help them with any other questions.

Its a great site for info just dont be lazy. The " what muffler, CAI, and what throttle body spacer will increase my horespower to 500" gets old. These are trucks they arent race cars. A muffler, air filter, or header swap will not make you fast. If you want to be fast in an SSS you better be ready to drop some dollars. Dont get butthurt on your 15+ second quarter mile pass with a 5-6k lb truck.

These trucks are great and I love mine. Its one of a kind and I have a lot of time in it. I have met a lot of great friends here as well.

Sure I make smart ass comments to ones that make ignorent posts. Its the same thing as if you were standing in line at a grocery store and someone popped off something dumb. If you dont like it, whatever deal with it.

Some have chose not to post anymore because of the inactivity. A lot of factors in that. Age of these trucks. The new has worn off and new technology has come into play.

Economy. Its the shits. Im still feelin it although things have picked up this year for us. Hard to spend a lot of money these days. For most that is.

For the newbs. If your search fails the first time. Spend time with it. You will find what you want. There hasnt been something you want to do on this site that someone hasnt done yet.

B

Don't mistake this as me questioning how good this site is. It's still my most frequented and favorite site for many reasons.....and i'd like to see it stay that way. Brad, i agree with you...especially knowing and remembering that i was very much a noob for several years after i joined, but then it bleeds into what Brian said. Brian, i agree with a lot of what you said. I'm just not going to go any further d/t a couple of crown and cokes that tend to keep me from maintaining a politically correct attitude. biggrin.gif Anyway, it's all just food for thought.