Car Audio And Wiring Supplies

Holty

I have a question for you guys that do your own installs for things like alarms, remote starts, and car audio....where do you get your supplies? Things like crimp on connectors, butt connectors, etc? I don't want the cheap shit from Walmart but I don't want to have to buy in bulk either.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

I buy most of the little stuff at my local auto parts stores. but when it comes to bigger items i use http://www.sonicelectronix.com they where over 100 cheaper just for my PAC wiring harness we use in our trucks for the bose and onstar stuff. i have bought amps and wiring kits tons of stuff. everything shows up fast and a lot of the time its free shipping.

When doing remote starts, stereo installs, alarms, etc. I solder every wire unless it's ground then it gets a crimp on and screwed to a good clean ground. That's how the shop I worked at got there rep. We soldered and heat shrunk everything minus wires you tap into. They were soldered then used 3m electricians tape. T-taps can wiggle out. I have fixed tons of remote starts that were from other shops. Do it right do it once. But ya I used to buy all my solder, heat shrink, zip ties, self tapping screws all from the shop. Now I get the screws and solder off egay, heat shrink and zips from ace

Sent From My GNex

When doing remote starts, stereo installs, alarms, etc. I solder every wire unless it's ground then it gets a crimp on and screwed to a good clean ground. That's how the shop I worked at got there rep. We soldered and heat shrunk everything minus wires you tap into. They were soldered then used 3m electricians tape. T-taps can wiggle out. I have fixed tons of remote starts that were from other shops. Do it right do it once. But ya I used to buy all my solder, heat shrink, zip ties, self tapping screws all from the shop. Now I get the screws and solder off egay, heat shrink and zips from ace

Sent From My GNex

Same here. everything i do is soldered also. it just makes everything so clean.