370/S480 Clone Ss Build

ls2silvy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one side of the motor is spoolin the turbo?? That doesn't seem very balanced. I can't wait for my rear mount I've been collecting parts for over a year now!!!

It has a cross over pipe that is not pictured, it would not work if only one side spooled it. Rear mounts are a lot of fun, my rear mount served me well last season!

ghcfuyjvtyfdyj.jpg

Edited by turbo370clone (see edit history)

Just talked to Dave at Yank, Converter is done and on its way, had very good experience with them, got it done real quick. It did need a new clutch, said someone had been locking it up at the track or on a dyno? Bought it used though, I know that Zippy doesn't tune for WOT lock up and it hasn't been on the dyno all season. Talked to dave about the new setup and he said to tighten it up to a 3400 with the extra power ill be making. Can't wait to get her dropped in. Still haven't heard back from Forced Inductions yet on the 80mm Garrett, they are probably busy im sure. Been piddling with the motor a little, got most of the sensors installed and the L92 intake that im gonna run for now put on, its lookin good! Im thinking i might break it in all motor while im saving for all my exhaust/cross over/down pipe/intercooler materials?

37025.jpg

Also picked up a Aeromotive A1000 pump and controller for dirt cheap this weekend at a local swap meet, planning on getting the pump rebuilt just in case and then going with a 20 gallon fuel cell?? Does anyone know if someone makes a fuel cell/water to air tank combo?? If not ill just do two summit racing fuel cells one 20 gallon for the fuel cell and maybe a 2 or 3 gallon for the water to air tank.

aeromotive.jpg

Well some updates! Good and Bad lol........ Got the converter back from yank, looks great, very fast shipping, tightened it up to a 3400. Motor is in, working on customizing the stock l92 fuel rails and waiting on my fuel pumps to come in (going with a twin in tank for now). Now for the bad news.... Called Forced Inductions Yesterday because i hadn't heard from them for 3 weeks on the turbo, figured they were busy, no big deal, called for a status update and they say there is no information on my turbo even being there? So i guess its lost at the moment??? I do have a fedex tracking number showing that is was delivered on Jan. 23 and signed for by Jose. Im sure they will take care of me, just another set back. Gonna run the motor for 500-1000 miles with some Joe Gibbs break in oil before i put the turbo setup on, wish i had some long tubes laying around lol. :burnout:

37035.jpg

37038.jpg

37032.jpg

37036.jpg

37034.jpg

37031.jpg

37029.jpg

37026.jpg

37028.jpg

37027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well she runs!:burnout:, Got the fuel system done and after replacing a p.o.s. summit 90 degree -8 hose end fitting with a aerquip we were good to go, got to get her through emissions and break it in for a little while. Still waiting on a turbo from FI, haven't really heard anything from them for a week :confused:. So..... as soon as i get some extra cash for the intercooler pipping and exhaust/cross over pipping.... and a turbo lol, i will get the turbo setup on.

th_video-2012-02-25-23-22-08.jpg

37049.jpg37048.jpg

37047.jpg

37046.jpg

37045.jpg

37044.jpg

37043.jpg

37052.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok..... so finally some update pics, got her registered in Strasburg so no more emissions, so glad that is out of the way! Got the turbo hotpipes and turbo mounted up, building oil lines now and hopefully the cross over and 4" down pipe will be fabricated this weekend! Im getting pretty excited!

TURBO3703.jpg

TURBO3702.jpg

TURBO3701.jpg

TURBO3704.jpg