370/S480 Clone Ss Build

ls2silvy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been collecting parts for two years though lol, i've been waiting for my uncles machine shop to start building my engine for a year and a half! I have a pic of the fuel system parts a little farther up. I was running a single in tank walbro 255 this last season with stock fuel lines and stock returnless regulator ( i know.... scary) it did ok but i was running out of fuel at the top of third gear. It would drop about 10 psi, got me in the 11's on pump gas though? Im going to run one of those new 400lph walbro pumps in tank with -8 feed, -6 return and a Aeromotive A1000 regulator with a boost a pump wired in, should be good enough.

nice. yeah thats my next upgrade. i need to rework my fuel system. i backed my boost down to spring pressure which is 7psi and im just going to run that until the new motor. something isn't right in my motor. after i do a pull and left off the throttle it lets a puff of smoke out its oil. so im just gonna build a motor and call it good. ill watch to see how your fuel system works cause i want something simple. nothing to crazy.

Nice! 88mm is a big boy for stock cubes, how is response? Should be perfect on your built motor though!

right now it does great. with my converter i can build 9psi pretty quick. it pulls great through all gears. now that im only running 7psi it hits max boost quick. :yellow_loser: i have it tuned for 12psi so its a dog now on 7psi. but i only put 600 miles on the truck last year. it doesn't get driven often. i just don't have time plus i have a boosted integra that runs hard and i had a 07 gsx-r 1000 last year so that got used more

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Nice! Sounds fun to me!

Got all my fuel line fittings ordered last night, should see those on Wednesday, also made a change of plans on the turbo, picked up at GT 42 modified with a 80mm comp wheel, tracking says it should be here Friday!

This is the actual turbo:

garrett12.jpg

garrett13.jpg

Got the old motor and exhaust out last night, trying to decide if i want top freshen my t-case and trans?? More money i don't have lol. I am gonna send my convertor in to yank and have it cut and cleaned though. Also got all my fuel line fittings yesterday too so started building those.

37012.jpg

37013.jpg

37011.jpg

Well got the turbo yesterday, not real happy with it, looks like comp wheel has been rubbing on the comp housing. Sent it out this morning to Forced Iductions for a check up/rebuild, see what they say. Also sent the Converter in to Yank for a cut/clean and a possible re-stall to a 3200 or a 3400? Dave is gonna look at my logs and see what he thinks, was hearing from some people that i was blowing through it?

turbo4.jpg

turbo2-1.jpg

turbo1-1.jpg

turbo6.jpg

Nice work so far. what compression will you end up at? i figured you would have some type of dish? but i know thing's are charging these day's with better fuel and higher compression. guy's are making big power with little boost on high comp.

Nice work so far. what compression will you end up at? i figured you would have some type of dish? but i know thing's are charging these day's with better fuel and higher compression. guy's are making big power with little boost on high comp.

Can't remember if my heads are 70 or 68cc's, it should be right around 10:1, im planning on running 15-16 psi, that seems to be a safe amount of boost and it makes good power on most setups I've seen. The pistons are a -4cc flat top, i guess the -4cc's comes from the valve reliefs? I want to run E85 but im just not sure yet, i take a lot of trips and E85 gets hard to find. I ran it for a year when i had my stock 4.8 with the baby m90 side mount magna charger, it made an extra 37rwhp switching to E85. I was running it when gas was 5 bucks a gallon and E85 was a 1.80, so it was pretty nice lol, now E85 just follows gas prices banghead.gif. I would have to rethink my whole fuel system too, bigger pump or twins again with some 80lb injectors. We'll see dunno.gif

Well stopped by the machine shop today at lunch, the rest of my valves came in! Heads are going together tomorrow and then she'll be ready for me to pick up. After i get my Yank back then its time for some mock up!

37014.jpg

37015.jpg

37016.jpg