370/S480 Clone Ss Build

ls2silvy

Got some new parts and after a year my uncles machine shop finally decided to take my dusty engine block out of the corner and finish it! Ordered a Borg Warner S480 80/83 T4 1.10 today and will picking up a PT1000 Precision water to air intercooler at the end of the week! Also got some new hot pipes which im sure you guys have seen. Pulling the truck apart tonight or tomorrow, i've been driving it all motor with a LQ9/LS3 and LS7 cam, NO bottom end at all with that cam and LS3 intake all motor lol. I did end up getting 11.66 out of the 78mm rear mount and a stock junk yard LQ9 and it had a lot to go but i ran in to boost control issues with my JGS gate and my taller injectors did not want to seal right in the LS3 intake which was causing a boost leak. Shooting for 10's this year! I'll gets some pics up as i go!

-Vehicle, 5000lb 4x4 silverado Regular cab short bed

-Trans, semi-built 4l80e

-Convertor, Pro Yank 3600

-Engine parts i currently have (iron 370/L92):

-Manley forged pistons

-Manley H beam rods

-stock crank machined and turned 0.010

-Coated Clevite rod and main bearings

-Coated Dura-bond cam bearings

-GMPP LS7 lifter set

-Pat g./EPS/Comp turbo grind cam (222/226 .596/.598 on a 114)

-GMPP LS6 oil pump

-Comp billet double roller chain

-Machined 01' LQ4 block

-Hand ported and polished L92 heads

-LS9 head gaskets

-Arp main and head stud kits

-PRC dual spring kit

-Comp 7.400 push rods

-Holley high ram intake

-Stock LS2 Throttle body

-SFI flexplate

Turbo setup:

-Borg Warner S480

-Full Race tubular turbo manifold set

-Tial 44mm WG and 50mm BOV

-Precision PT1000 Water to air intercooler with 3" in and out

my new full race hot pipes:

newturbo1-2.jpg

newturbo2.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

intercooler im going to pick up:

pt1000.jpg

new turbo for reference until i get the actual lol:

S480.jpg

First thing i will be doing is the fuel system, going to a return style with a in tank 400 LPH Walbro, boost a pump and an Aeromotive A1000 return/boost reference regulator. I Will be running -8 feed and a -6 return.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some work done last night, bed is off, fuel system is apart and engine is ready to pull. Found that the silicone hose that i insulated my fuel pumps with had come apart and was floating in the fuel tank.... nice.

ssnew2.jpg

ssnew1.jpg

ssnew4.jpg

ssnew3.jpg

bottom end should be done by tomorrow, crank and cam is in and torqued, should be on a stand and painted tomorrow morning and then on with the assembly process!

3702.jpg

3701.jpg

Waiting on my Manley severe duty race valves to come in!! Last part i need, should be here by Wednesday!

wow your wasting no time putting this together. what will you be running for a fuel system?

I've been collecting parts for two years though lol, i've been waiting for my uncles machine shop to start building my engine for a year and a half! I have a pic of the fuel system parts a little farther up. I was running a single in tank walbro 255 this last season with stock fuel lines and stock returnless regulator ( i know.... scary) it did ok but i was running out of fuel at the top of third gear. It would drop about 10 psi, got me in the 11's on pump gas though? Im going to run one of those new 400lph walbro pumps in tank with -8 feed, -6 return and a Aeromotive A1000 regulator with a boost a pump wired in, should be good enough.

nice... who made your turbo headers? Would like to get me some of those.

They were made by the import company Full Race, very rare, i think there is something like three sets even out there.

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/11/07/full-race-turbo-system-for-gm-trucks/

Hey Shawnss what kind of times and power have you got out of your setup?? Are you on a stock long block?

yes everything is stock besides the turbo being added. i have only been able to run a 12.5. the truck really need's a tune. i ran 13psi on that run and my a/r was at like 10.2 stupid rich but i wanted it safe. im hoping to get a built motor this year. i'd really want to see some mid 11s and then im done as far a performance goes. there is a lot i need to do first. im only running 42lb injector's and one walbro pump. hoping by summer to have the motor done and in.