Compustar Vs Prestige

Holty

Hey Guys, i'm looking for specific feedback on these two models of remote starts / alarms:

Compustar RF-P2W901-SS

Prestige SS9000

Does anyone have any direct experience with either one of these two systems? I would love to hear from you please, and also how much you paid to have them installed and which GM bypass modules were used in your installation. Thank you.

I don't have experience with either specific system but I have had some Compustars and had good luck with their older systems. I would go with the Compustar if I had to pick between those two. That's just my opinion, hopefully others will chime in on this too.

I have the Compustar RF-P2W901-SS in both my wife's 08 Tahoe and my 11 Sierra Denali. I've also had variations of the Compustar RF-2w900 in my last 6 vehicles; including the 2w900 w/ security on the SS. I swear by compustar's products and will never purchase another brand for my trucks. I've not had one single problem with any of their products, except for the occasional remote gone bad. My installer warrantied the two failures I had though.

My installer uses the Blade bypass module to integrate with GM passlock.

Compustar is top-notch, in my opinion.

$500 installed on the Denali & Tahoe. The SS was a bit more since I had the remote start & security systems...right around $600 though.

Edited by Lefty (see edit history)