Supercharger Install

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of blower? Blower kits are pretty easy to install to be honest.

iamwithstupid.gif Looks harder than it really is. If you can swap out an intake manifold then you should be able to install a blower. I thought the fuel pump was the hardest thing and even that was pretty easy once I had the right instructions lol. Plus if you have questions....thats what we are here for!

Alright that settles it im gonna do it. I'm a structural maintainer but for some reason the instructions look diffacult lol. Btw I'm getting a mp112 used with extra belts pillar pod,gauges for 3500 anything in perticular I should look at on the blower before I buy it?

I see you're an 03. That means you have a "return style" fuel system. Make sure your Radix has the return style fuel manifold and return style external fuel pump. You can also change the actual internal one to a Walbro 255 too.

Return Style Fuel Manifold:

fuelmanifold.jpg

Return Style External Fuel Pump

fuelpump.jpg

I see you're an 03. That means you have a "return style" fuel system. Make sure your Radix has the return style fuel manifold and return style external fuel pump. You can also change the actual internal one to a Walbro 255 too.

Return Style Fuel Manifold:

fuelmanifold.jpg

Return Style External Fuel Pump

fuelpump.jpg

I have both of those left over from my used kit that I can sell you if needed.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Yeah man you can do it. There are plenty of guys that have installed 112's on here so if you get stuck post up and someone will chime in. Unless you phyically cant do the install or have honestly no mechanical ability I see no reason to have a shop do the install.

Main thing is have fun

Dont want to be a thread jacker but where can one find these complete blower kits? Looking for a top mount blower!

http://www.superchargerconnection.com/contact/

Call, ask for Brian or Jessika, say Aaron (Bad Ass Silvy) referred you. They will take care of you.

Ya im sure i will be able to do it with a help of a friend and you guys. The guy im buying it from said he had it on his 04 but he has the return style fuel pump that came with it when he got it. It has around 30k on it but from what i heard they last along time so i shouldnt be worried about that right? Heres a link to his craigslist ad http://sd.craigslist.org/pts/2737759672.html

30K is barely broken in. The SC oil needs to be changed around 80K so you've got plenty of time b4 any actual maint. is needed on the unit itself.

I'd offer 3000 for it. If he wants 3200 I guess that's fair, make sure it comes with injectors. I paid only 2800 for mine with 60lb. Siemen Deka's, adapters, 3 pullies and dual intercoolers. The Radix kit includes their own larger 42lb. plug n play injectors

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

we already agreed on 3500 which is cool with me cuz he is also throwing in other stuff so i think its a pretty fair deal. I just cant wait to get it get back home and start installing it and then wait for my tune by wheatley to come back in.

Edited by RickRolled (see edit history)

Make sure it has the new coolant cross over tube that moves the port from the drivers side to the passenger side. Unfortunately mine did not and we had to do some africanized engineering to make it work. I would also make sure you take the injectors down to get cleaned while you have them out. Make sure you route the EVAP vent tube correctly because its a tight fit and will break. You'll also want to connect your IAT Sensor before you attach the EVAP tube under the snout of the blower.