Supercharger Install

Man i wish yall lived closer to give me a hand with this lol. I feel pretty damn dumb about all the stuff u just said silverado777shakehead.gif

Trust me I did to before my install. Its a learning experience and a good one at that. I must have read the instructions from magnacharger 10 times through and through before my install. Just be patient and follow the instructions step by step. If you do that you should be fine. Plus you'll want to have a few buddies there to help because even though the blower is aluminum it is one heavy SOB! I was lucky enough to get the low down and BDPs from Aaron (Bad Ass Silvy) and his instal before I did mine. Definitely helped me out.

If you get stuck just ask one of us. My number is on my website.

http://www.gmgaugeguy.com/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post pics when finished. And don't forget to beef up your transmission!!!!

iamwithstupid.gif ......x2 with first hand experience.

LMAO :laugh:

Is this a course offered at local colleges we can take?

I think at some point in our lives we have all taken this course lol

im not gonna worry about beefing up the tranny maybe i will do a vette servo but if it goes im just gonna order a flt tranny not sure with which lvl yet any suggestions btw i dont beat on my truck all that often . Where can i take the injectors to get cleaned?

im not gonna worry about beefing up the tranny maybe i will do a vette servo but if it goes im just gonna order a flt tranny not sure with which lvl yet any suggestions btw i dont beat on my truck all that often . Where can i take the injectors to get cleaned?

Your thread you have going here isnt like any other thread with questions on modding. Although many have installed 112's on here over the years its not the usual whats the best air filter or oil filter thats always posted. Its a great learning tool from experienced members for guys that have never done in depth mods such as this. With that said I have this to say....

From the quote I have above I cant count how many times I have heard that song and dance. Im not gonna worry about this or that and I will just replace it when it goes. Therefor, why have to pay almost 3-4k for a trans when you can spend 2 bills give or take and prolong having to drop 4g's?? These are called supporting mods and no matter what you do there is always a supporting mod to go along. When it comes to Radix blowers and their tremendous low end torque its very smart to look into some support with your trans. All a "vette" servo does is help the 2nd apply. Where you really need support is 2-3. The release of the 2nd apply band and engagment of the 3/4 clutches is critical to the life of a 60E. The Radix was really for towing due to its roots style and ability to produce this low end torque. When it comes to strictly street trucks it has its downsides but there are a few that have made good numbers with it. At the end of the day, its a great bolt on for novice modders that want great street manner.

As far as your injectors, you can actually clean them yourself. Using some sort of DC power source you can hook the leads to the injector terminals and energize the coil inside the injector and pulse it with either gasoline or carb cleaner. Before my blower install I bought a set of used 44#ers that I didnt get to install for awhile. When I did install them I had two stuck injectors. I performed the said cleaning process above and you should of seen the gunk that came out of them. HIGHLY suggested for any one buying used injectors that either are a direct take out the day before or have been sitting like mine did. If you want a pictures of how I did this let me know and I will take time to post.

Best thing I can say is dont cut corners. Even if takes you a little longer to save up for something that is highly suggested during this install you will be better off than blowing it off and be in a situation later that might cost you your truck to down longer and/or more money. Think about it. Do your research. Get knowledgeable with what you are doing and understand why and how something works. You will thank yourself.

Oh and when you said you dont beat on your truck that often......wait till you get that blower on lol

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

2BFAST I would greatly appreciate the pics on how to clean the injectors and im sure alot of other guys on here would also. Thanks for all the help and im sure when i finally do get my blower on its gonna be hard not to mash that lil pedal:peelout:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys picked up everything today, Its an awesome feeling owning a radix finally but man it looks overwhelming with all the parts im gonna get everything out and take some pictures for you guys to check it out and maybe give me some more advice on maybe new things i should buy for it since it is a used system. It looks good alittle dirty but thats about it and there are hoses and wires and clamps everywhere lol. Anyone round the south dakota area up for a install party?rolleyes.gif

Sh*t, I forgot about the injector cleaning. Stand by.....

intrested to see this in a how to setup

rickrolled- good luck with the install. cant wait to see your first post after the first drive. i was really impressed when i drove dgiepss truck

• 2 weeks later...

nope not yet:shakehead: i got servo's and a shift kit installed so i had to get my pcm tuned for that stuff first then once i get that back i gotta send my stock pcm back to wheatley to get tuned for everything including the radix. Hopefully he can do it for me for free lol it just sucks that the truck is my dd and i cant really have that much time with it inop but once i get the whole pcm thing squared away im ready for the install. I will keep you guys updated and if i have questions during the install i will def be on here for some help.

Perfect situation why having tuning software is a must when you are using mods that require changes in the tune. Flashing your PCM is as easy as a few clicks in the software instead of having to send your PCM out constantly. Plus you can get more of an accurate tune by logging mulitple logs, sending the files to you're tuner, he modifys the tune per results from the logs, sends the file back to you via email, you reflash your PCM, and off you go to either run another log and repeat process, or go have fun

One of the best tools in my tool box

Perfect situation why having tuning software is a must when you are using mods that require changes in the tune. Flashing your PCM is as easy as a few clicks in the software instead of having to send your PCM out constantly. Plus you can get more of an accurate tune by logging mulitple logs, sending the files to you're tuner, he modifys the tune per results from the logs, sends the file back to you via email, you reflash your PCM, and off you go to either run another log and repeat process, or go have fun

One of the best tools in my tool box

iamwithstupid.gif Thats what I'll be doing when I get around to buying it.

Also having a wideband while tuning is another great tool. This will greatly help the tuner dial it in as best as possible via email or live.

On the other hand, sending the PCM to a tuner isnt a bad thing. If you have a factory truck with only minor bolt ons sure a one time deal is good enough. Its when you get into blowers, top end swaps, ect is where having tuning software is a must in my opinion......if you want to get the most potential from your chosen setup.

2BFAST I would greatly appreciate the pics on how to clean the injectors and im sure alot of other guys on here would also.

intrested to see this in a how to setup

Here ya go....better late than never

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/74890-how-to-clean-fuel-injectors-on-the-bench/page__pid__828651?do=findComment&comment=828651