Removing Torque management

I'm looking at getting a dyno tune in the next couple of weeks. I have a 6.0 with a 4L65E tranny, 3.73 gear and G80. I want to remove some of the torque management for the tranny and engine on the new tune, but don't know how much. I need the tranny to last, so how much should I do? I'm thinking 50% from tranny and 80% from engine. What do you guys think?

Granted, removing all TQM shouldn't hurt the tranny. I've had mine out for almost a year. Actually, the engine TQM is all gone, and the tranny TQM is at 50% during normal driving, and at 0 while in Tow/Haul mode. I think.......

Remember though, it was put there for a reason, to be easy on a "not so great" tranny. More than likely, a truck w/ no TQM will need a rebuild before one with 100% TQM left in.

Im not to worried about breaking anthing for now, I know that I will have to rebuild a few miles earlier, but that just means a build up. All I have done to the tranny is a full set of Superior Billet servos from Zippy and Bryan increased line pressure a little(but it feels like alot). And the only thing I am really a little worried about is a firm shift cracking my plastic accumulator piston in the tranny.

Archived