454 Ss

super88

My younger bro is looking at buying a 454 SS for about $5000.. only thing is it needs some carb work and tranny work.. It has custom rims, cowl hood and a nice drop.. Do you guys think its a good price.. Ill get a pic up here shortly.

really depends on a lot of things. what type f shape is the body in? is it rusting anything where? how many mile's. what type of tranny work? a full tranny rebuild? is the paint is fair shape? these truck really to hold there value. so if the truck is in fare shape and it doesn't need to much work i'd say it's worth the 5K.

No, I've owned three. Nine times outta ten when some one tells you it needs card work sone one replaced the engine or converted it to a carb setup they do a hack job and cut the factory harness which ruins the truck IMO I wouldn't give 5000 unless the interior is perfect and a great body. I sold my last one for 3500 and it was a clean little ole truck