Cooling Temp

brewz

I have done a search for “normal operating temps” and did not come up with a definite answer.

I have a stock 2005 SS, bought new in 05, currently have 90,000 miles on her, decided to flush system and get rid of that Dexcool and replace it with Prestone.

While I was doing this I have replaced belts, hoses etc.

Question, after filling and purging, looks like my temp maintains itself at 200-210 range, is that normal?

I believe it was lower than that before I did this flush.

Thanks for any info, moreover, did not touch thermostat, left original installed.

Thanks.

What are the pro's and con's of the lower t-stat

The only reason would be if you were running fi or nitrous, or were in any other situation where knock could be fatal. It's basically a mod to help control potential knock, and should not be done without a tune. Plus it has no benefits on a stock engine, if anything, it'll make em' wear out quicker. Colder engines wear quicker.

The only reason would be if you were running fi or nitrous, or were in any other situation where knock could be fatal. It's basically a mod to help control potential knock, and should not be done without a tune. Plus it has no benefits on a stock engine, if anything, it'll make em' wear out quicker. Colder engines wear quicker.

More detail please. You must have all of this info from an engineering standpoint.