shift kit pics

Car, tools, time, shiftkit (or 2?) accumulator piston, corvette servo, camera, yes everything.

IM000772.jpg

IM000773.jpg

First drain the gearbox, unscrew plug, oeps better get a big hammer, who put this bolt in :fume:

IM000774.jpg

Now unscrew carter, and take off, oeps who put this lever overhere :fume::fume:

better unscrew this lever, oeps who puts this driftshaft in the way :fume::fume::fume:

lever is with torx40 take one out and one lose.

Driveshaft; unscrew bolts and let i come down a little.

IM000775.jpg

IM000776.jpg

IM000778.jpg

When you take off carter don't be surpriced if there is still 0.5 liter fluid in there :fume: :fume: :fume::fume: ,the plug is very high. If you pull out the filter there is more of this fluid coming down your arms :fume::fume: . :fume::fume::fume:

IM000777.jpg

So now maybe i can understand the papers that came with the kits, the only thing i recognized was the 1/2 thing, i changed the plastic part for the alloy part and changed the springs from the trans-go kit.

IM000779.jpg

The rest off the parts and discriptions were completely algebra to me :confused: . Do i have to take the valvebody off or take out the trans :confused: .

IM000780.jpg

I think i have 2 shift-kits, 1 trans-go and 1 superior, but not sure, i have also a corvettestyle servo but haven't a clue were to put it. For now i put everything back

filled it up and driving it like it is. :thumbs:

It sounds like you had a little fun... you got about half way there. Did you change the boost valve, too?

Yes, you do need to remove the valve body to perform some of the upgrades. The transgo instructions should have a diagram that shows all the valvebody bolts. The filter just pulls out - there is an o-ring seal up in the hole it seats in. Then you have to disconnect the wiring harness for all the solenoids and hang it out of the way. Now the valvebody will come out - be careful and hold it level, there are checkballs in there that can fall out. The shift kit instructions should tell you what to do next - changing valves and springs in the valve body, drilling out holes in the separator plate, and so forth.

The servo goes in the side of the trans. You have to remove the heat shield (seen in your 6th picture) to get to the servo cover.

Look at zippy's pics link in this thread for some helpful install pictures.

:cheers:

The servo goes in the side of the trans. You have to remove the heat shield (seen in your 6th picture) to get to the servo cover.

Yes this is info, thanks. :thumbs:

Do you think i can replace the servo without draining the fluid and removing the pan?

I am a little scared to take the valvebody off, i better read the instuction (i think for several years/type's) carefully.

yes, the servo can be changed without pulling the pan. once you get the heatshield off, it's right there.

Thanks, :thumbs:

I have NO papers for the servo how to switch, only some pics i saw overhere.

Some step by step how to would be appreciated :seeya:

In other words HELP.

Looked at it again, no instruction, 2 pieces of aluminium, and a ring looks like a small pistonring. Package says 4L60 SERVO, Corvette 82-up 2nd APPLY.

The transgo shift kit is the SK4L60E-K, i only did page 1 and i am not sure i have to do all pages. Let me do this 1 step at the time.

Page 2 is the 2nd piston upgrade. looks like the corvette-servo?

I have to grind 4 oil exit notches, place a coil-spacer, install 2 different springs and a shim.No problem.

Then there is a part i have to identify 2ndpiston and circle the last three numbers so on page 6 i know which color springs to use.

But when i replace the 2nd with the corvette-servo (or is this wrong?) which spring do i use on page 6?

Archived