What Kind Of Gas You Guys Using

cmoney23

I run nothing lower that 91 in my SS.. I have noticed that I do get better mpg when I use 93 at $4.01 a gallaon..

:withstupid: Call me crazy but I can tell the difference in throttle response is better with 93 at Shell, Mobil or Sunoco than a Cumbys or BP. I only put in the no name brands once or twice but changed my fuel filter asap when I noticed the difference. And yes babying the truck along with the newer oil I added at the time it was a small but noiticable mpg/throttle response. Sunoco is now at $4.17 but I cant wait to fill this thirsty guzzler up! :chevrolet:

Wow gas prices aren't bad in the lower 48!! Right now I'm paying $4.85 for 90 premium where im at in Alaska. That's all they got. And it's not even high quality gas! banghead.gif IDK guys, those Prius's starting to look pretty good! Lol

Wow gas prices aren't bad in the lower 48!! Right now I'm paying $4.85 for 90 premium where im at in Alaska. That's all they got. And it's not even high quality gas! banghead.gif IDK guys, those Prius's starting to look pretty good! Lol

I'm with you. Three vehicles that take premium only is a PITA. As soon as they get a 2012 Prius in blue, on the lot that mother F-er is SOLD!!

• 3 months later...

Working for a ARCO oil refinery the past 7 years has taught me the advantages of using only premium gas...its alot more to it then just higher octane. So for the past 7 years all of my rides have ran on only premium and a Techron additive once a month from Chevron ( which is the only additive proven to help clean engines from what I have read ).

In a refinery they only process low grade 85 or high grade 89 gasoline grades. Once the gasoline reaches a terminal, ethenol is added plus whatever additives that perticular company uses...which then gives you your 87 & 89 grades of gasoline....to achieve 89 grade of gas a tanker truck at the terminal is filled with a 50/50 mix of both grades. A premium gas is blended together with cleaner components due to the fact that it needs to reach a higher octane number per CARB specifications. There is really alot more to it but that's the basics. Might be different in other states since California regulations are really strict.

Correct me if i'm wrong anybody....