What Kind Of Gas You Guys Using

cmoney23

I use 90 or 91 octane depending on what my option is. GM calls for 93 as the truck will perform best with it and your gas mileage will be at its best. If tested this theory. My gas mileage is worse with anything other than 93. Basically power, mileage goes in the crapper the lower octane you choose.

10.08:1 compression + 87 octane = knock, ping, detonation, loss of power, loss of fuel mileage

Do yourself and your truck a favor and run the proper grade of fuel, running 87 saves you nothing. GM recommends 91 octane or higher for a reason.....

10.08:1 compression + 87 octane = knock, ping, detonation, loss of power, loss of fuel mileage

Do yourself and your truck a favor and run the proper grade of fuel, running 87 saves you nothing. GM recommends 91 octane or higher for a reason.....

:squintnoeswerdrun: 91 or 93 is only 10 cents more and like explained GM only recomends those grades gasoline, dont see the use in possibly wrecking your engine on 87 over 10 cents less per gallon. Ive come across 92 when my light was on empty and still drove another 5 miles just to get Sunoco 93. Only Shell 93, Sunoco 93 or Mobil 93 used. I wish we had 94 available here....