1-2 @ WOT issue

So, I got my tune to increase my shift points to 6200 from 1-2, then 5800 2-3. Problem I am seeing is that when i punch it, the rpm gauge shows that they are in the 6k range but the the truck seems to just stop and moan, as in not engaging in the next gear. If i let off the gas a little, it will shift and continue to pull if i stomp on it again :sigh:

I am wondering if its the TC (yank TT3000) that is the issue or if its the computer getting used to the new tune, which i hear takes a couple miles before adjusting. Any ideas as to why she is behaving like so? :shakehead:

I mean the good thing is that she still pulls hard with WOT until that little "break" point.

If it's falling completely on it's face in the 1-2, sounds like you're hitting the rev limiter. Try backing it down to 6000, unless you can increase your rev limiter with your programmer.

I have the rev limit @ 6500, should i drop that back to 6000?

I had the same, what i did wrong was: i also raised the mph figure in the mph/shift.

after i lowered the mph figure back it shifted correct.

when you say lowered the MPH figure, was that for shifts? So if i lower the mph/shift she should be randy??

I had the same, what i did wrong was: i also raised the mph figure in the mph/shift.

when you say lowered the MPH figure, was that for shifts? So if i lower the mph/shift she should be randy??

What is randy?

In hptuners there is "wot shift speed vs speed"

Here you kan fill in mph for 1to2 shift, when i filled in 45mph, the car stayed in 1 until i lifted the gaspedal just like you have.

then i put it back to 38mph an it was allright.

What is randy?

Here you kan fill in mph for 1to2 shift, when i filled in 45mph, the car stayed in 1 until i lifted the gaspedal just like you have.

You actually need both the shift speed and shift rpms set. The PCM tests against both figures and will not shift unless both are passed.

What is randy?

Randy, are you feeling Randy?? austin powers, my bad!

cool!!! I'll put it back to 38 and try that. I know I bumped that badboy up to like 50 or something :-) thanks!

handheld

diablo

You actually need both the shift speed and shift rpms set. The PCM tests against both figures and will not shift unless both are passed.

Thanks Turbo! :thumbs:

i believe if you set the shift rpm and shift mph too far apart it won't shift also.

cool, ill try the lowering of the mph, should work eh?

Archived