Lowering the rear to level out

matt rem

lowering the rear 2" would make it look pretty lame without lowering the front. the SS has almost no rake to start with, but simply putting on a toneau cover or almost anything in the back of the truck makes it sit level. a 2" drop in the rear will make the front sit higher than the back.

When I pulled my spare, tow package and bumper for the roll pan install, my rear end raised probably an inch and a half. That is the only reason I am considering doing a 2 inch shackle in the rear, I cant stand having it set like a 4X4 and cant afford the McGaugheys kit yet. I will probably do like Zip said, put the 2" shackle on, then adjust the torsion bolts in the front to level it out.

When I pulled my spare, tow package and bumper for the roll pan install, my rear end raised probably an inch and a half. That is the only reason I am considering doing a 2 inch shackle in the rear, I cant stand having it set like a 4X4 and cant afford the McGaugheys kit yet. I will probably do like Zip said, put the 2" shackle on, then adjust the torsion bolts in the front to level it out.

that's quite a weight loss. going to be knocking that time down for sure. :thumbs:

Actually, I raced a Lightening from 70 today. He caught up to me on I295 and stayed beside me, so, I looked over and both of our tint was so dark I couldnt see him, so I just stomped on it! Suprisingly, I pulled a half truck on him(thanks to bill and zip for my servos), but that wasnt for long, he started slowly pulling on me and by time his pass door was to my front end(around 95 or so) I watched his front end drop a little and he started slowing down. I figured he would have smoked me at that speed, I was quit suprised. I would have liked to have been at a stop light, that would have been the true test, but, none the less, it was fun and I found out that I'm not that much slower than a stock L.

Whats the p/n for the spindles and how much are they? I might have to buy evrything one at a time. See what I like the best.

Can I use the torsion keys that I used to lower my brothers 2wd Yukon?

Spindles only come in the kit, I believe. If your going that route, just buy the kit. :thumbs:

Archived