My New Bike

Ruben525

Well its not new but its new to me lol Its a 06 Honda CBR1000rr picked it up last saturday. Its a nice bike but its been down. I ran a cycle vin check and everything came back clean BUT when I went to register it they told me the bike has a salveg title. Wow did I feel like shit when she told me that. I guess it didnt show up because the bike was on non op. the tags just expired last month so I didnt think anything about it. The seller was asking 4900 OBO because he said it might come back salveged but he said he doubted it he didnt tell me it was on non op he just said the tags just expired. The story he gave me was that someone tried stelling it from his work and they dropped it on the way out. theres not much damage just a few fairings are scrached and cracked nothing real bad. I had a friend check it out and test ride it he said everytrhing looked good a rode good. The frames not dented. The bike needs brakes but he gave me a brand new set of honda pads for it. I guess I jumped the gun I should of researched it a lil more but being my first bike I was just excited to get it home. So now im trying to decide if im gonna keep it or sell it. I paid 4500 for it and the bike only has 8,060 miles on it. What do you guys think?

post-11481-047729800 1333071691_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-036523600 1333071698_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-073623500 1333071706_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-032214400 1333071715_thumb.jpeg

post-11481-004244000 1333072471_thumb.jpg

post-11481-022107800 1333072490_thumb.jpg

post-11481-028080300 1333072504_thumb.jpg

post-11481-027978500 1333072516_thumb.jpg

heres the thing being that its salvaged it's not the end of the world. hell i bought a bike the was laid down i bought it from a insurance company that had it and after having it for 3 month's i wanted a 1000 and i threw it up on craigslist for what i got it for and sold it in 3 day's its just bank wont loan on them so when it come's to sell it. it's a bit harder sense a lot of people take loan's out. but i'd just find the replacement part's on ebay and just fix the plastic's if it bug's you. cause you never know what will happen. best of luck looks like a nice bike. its a fair price.

Thanks guys. Yea I was just worried about over paying but clean title bikes are going for around 5500-7000 around here so I guess 4500 isn't too bad. I got insurance quots and so far only 1 company wanted to do full coverage for me but for 170 a month and that's not happening I pay less then that for the SS and s10. For liability it's only 34 a month so I think that's what I'll be going with. I have health coverage with my job in case I get hurt (hope not). What do you guys think about the whole liability insurance? Also the cluster looks like its held on with super glue it feels sturdy and I need a new rear tire seller did a burn out before he sold it lucky me. What sucks is I still need to spend about another grand on a halmet gloves a tire brakes saftey class and DMV fees. I went to a local cycle shop and owner was real down to earth and offered to check it out for me for free and give me advice on keeping it or selling it. Hopefully its only cosmetic damage.

good lookin bike man. congrats. i dont have insurance on my bike so i cant give ya any advice there lol. tires make a huge diff. so do some good research on wat you want to do with the bike and buy a tire accodingly. dont buy a race tire if youll never see a track lol. happy and safe riding from a biker to another :pepsicheer:

good lookin bike man. congrats. i dont have insurance on my bike so i cant give ya any advice there lol. tires make a huge diff. so do some good research on wat you want to do with the bike and buy a tire accodingly. dont buy a race tire if youll never see a track lol. happy and safe riding from a biker to another :pepsicheer:

Thanks yea I'm gonna get a good street tire I just want everything to go smooth lol no problems hopefully

If you plan on keeping it hopefully you can get it registered for the street. I'm not sure how it is out there, but most of the time, they will not register a salvage for the roads over here. I think I pay 45 dollars for full coverage through State Farm. That's under my girls name though. Geico quoted me 4500 a year. The lowest I found for myself was 112 a month from Farmers Insurance. That's full coverage,theft,etc. You don't have to get full coverage, but I had two friends get their brand new bikes stolen so I have seen how bad it sucks to loose all that money within 30 seconds.I have Pilot Road 2s,and love them. I hear the 3s are even better.

Thats a hell of a bike for your first bike. Shoulda went with a 600. Just be easy until you get the feel of it. Ive had 3 crotchrocket. 1 honda cbr and 2 gsxr's. My buddy bought a 600 for his very 1st time riding a bike and dumped it 3 times in a month costing him a fortune, shit i got video of him dumping it in my driveway check out the link. Can be very dangerous if your not mature about it..LOL

Thats a hell of a bike for your first bike. Shoulda went with a 600. Just be easy until you get the feel of it. Ive had 3 crotchrocket. 1 honda cbr and 2 gsxr's. My buddy bought a 600 for his very 1st time riding a bike and dumped it 3 times in a month costing him a fortune, shit i got video of him dumping it in my driveway check out the link. Can be very dangerous if your not mature about it..LOL

HAHAHA one glove, no helmets.Classic

If you plan on keeping it hopefully you can get it registered for the street. I'm not sure how it is out there, but most of the time, they will not register a salvage for the roads over here. I think I pay 45 dollars for full coverage through State Farm. That's under my girls name though. Geico quoted me 4500 a year. The lowest I found for myself was 112 a month from Farmers Insurance. That's full coverage,theft,etc. You don't have to get full coverage, but I had two friends get their brand new bikes stolen so I have seen how bad it sucks to loose all that money within 30 seconds.I have Pilot Road 2s,and love them. I hear the 3s are even better.

Yea it will be ok on the street all I need is a brake and light inspection. I think I'll be alright with liability since its salvaged. I doubt I'll get much if it's under full coverage if something happens.

I was looking for a 600 but found this bike and thought it was a good deal so I went with it. I'm gonna be very mature hopefully. I don't wanna sound like a puss but I'm a lil scared of going down on a bike.