Getting New Tires !

cmoney23

Alright guys i got my tires sold for $500 locally on craigslist. I dont want to much more sidewall than i have already. Right now i got 265/35/40. Im thinking of going 265/40/22 or like a 295/40/22. I definatly dont want nothing like a 305/40/22. Thats too much sidewall for my liking.

So Post up some pics of your guy's tire sizes. Would help me out significantly. Thanks!

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

295 305 and all that is the width of the tire the middle number like 40 or 45 is the tire height "sidewall" and the last number 20 or 22 is the rim size

yeah i know all that, but a 305/35/22 is gonna have a bigger sidewall than a 265/35/22, because the middle numbers size goes off of the first numbers width.

If you have a 305/35/22. 305 is the width and the height is 35% of the width. If you have a 265/35, 265 is the width and the height is 35% of the width. So a 305/35 has a bigger sidewall than a 265/35. Make sense??

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

Yeah your right with the tire ratio. Also it is in millimeters for the contact area of the tire for the first numbers (265/295/305 etc) So with the tires you have now the sidewall is approx 3.65". IMO I would go with something around 4.5". The closest thing to that is prob a 285/40. This is right around a 4.49" sidewall. Should allow for good handling, more resistant to cracking a rim from a pot hole, and look good on it.

I would go with as much sidewall as will fit without rubbing. It should make your truck ride a lil better too. I prefer the beefier tire look over the rubber band look, but that is just my opinion. Your truck looks great either way.

I would go with as much sidewall as will fit without rubbing. It should make your truck ride a lil better too. I prefer the beefier tire look over the rubber band look, but that is just my opinion. Your truck looks great either way.

same here.

I appreciate all your comments guys. 305/40 is just way to much rubber for me. after i googled some pics of tires Im liking the 285/35/22 best. Its just what i like. Doesnt mean its right though. Thanks fellow SS squad..

My tires didnt sell because of stupid craigslist people.. Dude actually came out to buy them and wanted me to put him on a payment plan. The worst part about it is he wanted to give me $100 down payment and take my tires home.. LOL. I said all the cash or no tires. So he left...

I personally really like a wide tire. one plus thing is you have room to work if for some reason you get to close to a curb. as for a the brand im really liking these Nitto 420S tires sweet pattern plus good tread lift and decent price. i had a set of BFG KDW G-forecs before these and those are junk. biggest waste of cash ever and they cupped really bad.