F150 SVT Lightning

cb2big4u

Saw a F150 Lighting hop on I-75 so I pulled up next to him. From a 85 mph roll the lightning hits it and I follow. Nothing but a second after I'm pulling past him and just keep pulling. At the end I was multiple cars ahead and hit a top speed of 131mph clocked with my GPS. He was definitely playing though because we went 2-3 times with the same result, him getting raped. Thought they were faster than that. With my 4.10 gears I didn't think it would be a murder that bad on the interstate. Couldn't tell you what year it was. I don't know much about fords.

He must have not gave it everything or he doesnt know how to drive. Because those babies are real fast. I think there 400hp stock also weighing less than our trucks and being supercharged. So they are faster than our SS's

He must have not gave it everything or he doesnt know how to drive. Because those babies are real fast. I think there 400hp stock also weighing less than our trucks and being supercharged. So they are faster than our SS's

Idk know man. Seemed to me like he was trying real hard. Maybe he was one of the 1999-2000 models with only 360hp instead of 380. If its any consolation I have taken a Harley Davidson (the one with the lightning motor) model from a dig and was 2 lengths when I left off. At the next light I asked that guy if it was supercharged and he just looked at me pissed off.

I ran one up the in your area. Silver with a nasty ass engine in it. From a dig I beat him and blew the tires off but from a roll be walked me pretty good. Was stopped and talked for a second and he said it was cammed full exhaust smaller pullies and tuned. It had black rims in the back with a street slick and reg lighting rims in the front. Only truck lose so far. Looks like you truck is runnin good tho. Get your headers yet?

Nope not yet. The wife told me I can't spend anymore money for a little while LOL. Truck is running great. I'm loving this tune. Haven't seen a silver one around but I'm sure he's out there. We have a decent street scene here.

Edited by cb2big4u (see edit history)

I raced my buddy's last year one the way to the track on the hwy, (ss stock mostly just a shitty dual exhaust and AEM intake) he pulled about 2-3 lengths on me till the 100s. He's got a 2000 with brand new 2004 long block, 4lb lower pulley airaid intake, the upper cm intake part (can't remember the name lol) and I believe it's a 90mm single blade TB. all that and no tune lol but he wonders how he screwed up his last engine lol

And my ss is far from being a wensday truck lol the thing is a pig compared others stock et's

Well bro you gotta listen to the wife cuz as all of us know if mama ain't happy you aren't gonna be happy. Gotta stash a little away here and there. Good to hear it's runnin good. Take that thing over to sunshine and cut er loose. I'm sure it's not to far I'm wanting to say it's only a couple miles off 275 n. Like exit 30 maybe. I'll check it out for ya.

Something seriously wrong with that Lightning! even a stock L will walk away from a SSS everytime. Difference between a mid 13 second @99 truck and a high 14 second @90ish truck is pretty considerable.... A pulley and some basic supporting mods and it gets even nastier for us unfortunately.

Yeah, that's not too far at all. Like 35-40 minutes. I'll have to take it out there some weekend soon. Definitely will post some numbers after.

He must've had something wrong because as I read more on them the numbers look to be a lot better. Not much for videos around where lighting beats a vmax. All the ones I can find the vmax wins. Who knows...I stomped his ass nevertheless and it felt great lol.

I've been wanting to run one but can't find one around here. When I had my 96 I ran my buddies and he beat me barely from a roll and a dig. Only by a car. I couldn't hook up either time. Now I'm sure it would be alot diff story. It's funny that with a supercharger there only a little faster. When u supercharge a ss theres no competition.

"no replacement for displacement" ford modular engines have about the coolest sound there is but that's where they stop. The lightning engine is a regular run of the mill 5.4 sohc when it comes to cylinder heads and cams, and I believe the short block is the same too but dot quote me. N/a to n/a a lightning would get smoked by just about anything because they have zero top end. With the blower, they have the extra mid and upper range power so they really rely on the blower where as adding a blower to an lq4 or lq9 you're adding that extra power to an already stout engine, so they just run that much better.