F150 SVT Lightning

cb2big4u

I used to own a lightning and that thing was wicked fast for a truck, bone stock too. Not doubting you but do you think it may have been a clone? I would love to have one of those trucks again, but a single cab truck right now just isn't up my alley with my son and all. And good kill too. I don't promote street racing by any means but it sure feels good sometimes, lol. :thumbsup:

I used to own a lightning and that thing was wicked fast for a truck, bone stock too. Not doubting you but do you think it may have been a clone? I would love to have one of those trucks again, but a single cab truck right now just isn't up my alley with my son and all. And good kill too. I don't promote street racing by any means but it sure feels good sometimes, lol. :thumbsup:

When I said "multiple cars ahead." I just meant 2, shouldve said a couple. Anyway, I dont think a basic 5.4 Ford would have kept up like that, so it was not a clone. Especially in the 100+ range. I guess we can all agree he had no modifications done to it LOL. :jester:

well idk about everyone else but I'm 3-0 against the three different lightnings, 5.4l with a supercharger an only 390hp.... that sucks just saying,

an those races were like 1/8 miles races, top end I'm sure is a different story

"no replacement for displacement" ford modular engines have about the coolest sound there is but that's where they stop. The lightning engine is a regular run of the mill 5.4 sohc when it comes to cylinder heads and cams, and I believe the short block is the same too but dot quote me. N/a to n/a a lightning would get smoked by just about anything because they have zero top end. With the blower, they have the extra mid and upper range power so they really rely on the blower where as adding a blower to an lq4 or lq9 you're adding that extra power to an already stout engine, so they just run that much better.

wrong. ford motors are top end motors they rev at like 7 grand. fords run better top end. and a supercharger gives instant power, this helps with lower an mid an upper range, theres not a power band like with a turbo

You guys think with my radix and awd I can beat a stock lighting or do I gotta pulley down because some chick just picked up a grey one here in town and I wanna race her but do not want to get beat by a girl lol.

You guys think with my radix and awd I can beat a stock lighting or do I gotta pulley down because some chick just picked up a grey one here in town and I wanna race her but do not want to get beat by a girl lol.

If the L is stock or near stock, you should take it out with your Radix... Definitely should walk away from a dig.