GMMG at the TRACK

GMMG

Hey guys I have been off the boards about 2 weeks I have been waiting for the damn truck well good news it showed up last Saturday on a enclosed hauler from Berger Chevy. Truck ran and drove great got home and the truck had 51 miles on it. Woke up the next day and GAFBA (Georgia F-Body Association) was having a Shootout. Me and my friend Ron decided to roll down and see the competition before our new motors come out. I was not planning on running the truck but several people asked my to make a pass and I was interrested to see what she would do. Well I went to sleep at the light because I was waiting for a damn Corvette to do a burnout for 10 minutes it seems and I just rolled up to the light. Here are the time I have the timeslip to prove it but about 200 people in GAFBA saw the truck run

60ft 2.2

1/8 9.7

1/4 15.2 @88mph

Really happy with the time especially the 1/8 when I got done I drove on the scale and my jaw dropped when the scale read 5450lbs. I weigh 230 and I had about 1/2 tank of gas. I bet the truck would have run 15.0 with less gas and my wife driving :D Anyway I should have this truck in the 14.5 range before the week is out PARTS HAVE BEEN ORDERED :jester:

I got a best 60 foot time of 2.159 but was about a tenth slower on the quarter mile. I am going to have to go back to the track when it is not so windy. I don't know if it is the torque management or traction control, but it seems impossible to spin the tires at the track. Just punch it and steer straight :D

Hehe, it is funny that you say that.

I used to race my '91 GT 5-speed at the track. Not alot, but just enough to have fun (it was set up more for road racing than 1/4 mile). When I first got the '94 Lightning, I took it to the track. Boy....... talk about lack of drama. Floor it and steer. I could have read a book while racing it. Every run was within a .1 of each other. I couldn't pray to get that in my Mustang.

Good times GMMG. Look forward to seeing reports with mods. :thumbs:

Hey guys I will try to answere some of your questions. First I am not sure what I launched the truck at but I did not stall it very high at all. I probably launch at about 1500 if I had to guess. Not sure everything I will do just yet but before I build a complete motor I want to see what I can do with all the bolt-ons and then I want to do a cam. After that I will put the 427 in and make some real TQ. :jester:

i'm sure you could still get a 427 to pass emissions and visually you could make it un-noticable.

you might be able to if it has a small enough cam, but let me tell you, california absolutly sucks when it comes to smog laws. thats why i have a 66 chevelle to go fast in, otherwise i would have got a late model f-body and shoehorned my 502 into that instead.

Buddy, I can not vouch for MTOMAC, but my Uncle came to watch my first drag night in my 1970 Cutlass and happened to bring his Ext. Cab Duramax 4x4. He has that same juice box, but set on a lower power setting. He was able to run a 9.1 in the 1/8 mile, launching in 4 wheel drive. I would not have believed it if I had not seen it for myself. That Duramax is truly amazing.

Archived