Made the decision to get the SS, but then....

shadowmaker

That credit rating thing is a bug-a-boo. I had exactly one glitch on my report (unwarranted, as admitted to by all parties involved) and I determined to get it removed, more out of pride than anything else. Suffice it to say that I gave up after months of trying.

In my experience, no one cares that the report is inaccurate, and no one lifts a finger to help.

2 days into this and you are exactly right.

Brad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i think i did pass a 2500k rebate up but i paid $30 - 31 after ttl. is that on track with the rest of you out there? payments are like 4 bills a month

Well when i first bought the ss i financed 23k. I had about 10k in equity on my last truck a silverado 2500HD...because i financed through gmac at 0% for 36 months. I recently refinanced and consumed about 12k of debt into the loan and refinanced at 5.25% for six years...im at 555.54. :crazy:

ps...the credit card debt is now back up to 8k :rolleyes:

yeah i think i did pass a 2500k rebate up but i paid $30 - 31 after ttl. is that on track with the rest of you out there? payments are like 4 bills a month

Well when i first bought the ss i financed 23k. I had about 10k in equity on my last truck a silverado 2500HD...because i financed through gmac at 0% for 36 months. I recently refinanced and consumed about 12k of debt into the loan and refinanced at 5.25% for six years...im at 555.54. :crazy:

ps...the credit card debt is now back up to 8k :rolleyes:

Cut them damm things up :smash: I hear ya though credit cards are the devil :lol:

I pay my cards off every 30 days so i don't have to pay interest. I have the amex cards with the reward points and the gm card but there all betting on you bitting off more then you can chew. Just make sure you have a budget when you purchase or the cards will screw you or you screw yourself however you want to look at it. Easier said then done for most. I blew my credit out when I was younger and waited 5 - 7 years to clear it up without paying anything back.

You do know that any time you pull your credit report it is a 5 point hit right?Alot of people screw them selfs running there credit report evertime they find a car they like.

My girlfriend's credit took a 20 point hit last month after being pulled...

She opened a credit union account, with around a score of 760, good enough to get the lowest rate on her tahoe. 3 days later, over the weekend, they processed her loan application and her score was 740, which added 0.5% to the rate. She has no credit card balances, no late payments ever, the only thing that touched her credit in that time period was the credit union over that 3 day span.

I was previously under the impression that it was a 5 point hit, but not after what happened to her...

Most times they will tell you your score dropped from pulling your credit but it's just dishonest lenders trying to make $$$ off you. They know you want something and will pay. If there are no derogatory entries on your report and a few inquiries with a good paying history there is no reason you shouldn't get the best rate. Just comes down to people suck in general :D

Archived