FMIC on Z71 w/ STS kit (pics too)

F8L Z71

Thanks for the support guys :)

The fuel pump is stock but we installed a 255lph pusher pump to help things out.

A smaller IC would probably work fine depending on how much boost you are trying to run and how effecient your turbo is at making that boost, IE not super heating air. I don't know enough about ICs yet to try and recomend but maybe you could call griffin and see what they say?

I think the tubing, silicone couplers, and T-Clamps cost almost $300 :( So the total bill would have been pretty damn high with install if I had to just pay some random shop to do it. I would guess $900+ most likely with the IC.

I bought all the tubing, couplers and T-Clamps from a place called ATP Turbos in Fremont, Ca. http://www.atpturbo.com/

I still have room to grow but at this point I think my tranny hates me and I cannot afford to break anything right now so I am gonna play it cool at 13psi and just have some fun. :)

I'm glad I could help out in some way. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Ohh, and I just have to say that STS is the coolest damned company I have ever worked with. They bent over backwards to make sure I had the correct turbo for what I wanted and even let me test out sizes so other customers would know what to expect with certain turbo/motor combos. The customer service I have recieved tops anything I have seen before in my 10yrs of retail work. :flag:

I got numbers on my post over on LS1tech. Here they are:

Really, I found a lot on ebay and specs too? I found a whole bunch with OBX top plate welded on em.

OBX's website is lacking. They seem to be resellers not parts manufactures. So this FMIC probably made by someone else and labeled OBX for them.

As for specs here they are:

High flow

High power handle supported up to 800hp

Big inlet 76mm or 3"

High efficiency big core with internal fins!!

Low pressure drop 0.2psi at 15psi

Demensions:

Dimensions Details:

* Core Length : 24" (600mm)

* Core Height: 12" (300mm)

* Core Thickness: 3" (76mm)

* Inlet Size: 3" o/d (76mm)

* Outlet Size: 3" o/d (76mm)

* "End to End" Length: 32" (800mm)

linkie

Archived