Diggerdan11's 1969 Chevy C/20 Build

diggerdan11

Floor looks good for a 67-72, unless there is a lot of hidden rust... I agree with the atomic orange you will like it for sure, my truck is painted Copperhead and its amazing when the sun hit it (although sun is a rare thing to see in Alaska when it rains all summer) lol. If you ever have any question about 67-72's ask away, I just finished up doing my dad's 1972 K20 Super Cheyenne. Looks like you have a solid start, good luck with the build!

Yeah the floor is in pretty good shape. There is some light surface rust but that should sand out. It has rusted through on both sides where the footwell meets the outer cab corner. My body guy thinks he should jsut be able to replace those 3 panels and it should be good. Besides that the only other rust is in the rear cab corner, and the passenger inner fender under the battery. Besides that there is very little rust.

BTW Matt I started a build thread on 67-72chevy

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=592673

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has been a crazy last few months. I have been working on my House non-stop so I have not had anytime for my truck. There is a huge life change in my future and I have to get my house ready to sell ASAP.

Anyway I have made a little more progress on my truck.

I have the interior almost stripped clean, just need to removed the rest of the HVAC system, and hide all the wires. We are not going to remove the wires, but I think we are planning on replacing the entire wire harness eventually.

688B2CBA-8165-4F84-87FD-49EFBE78BAC4_zpsxqn83mvp.jpg

A99E7439-A92D-44C3-8383-9DDFDEC4F95E_zpsmg4mw4wo.jpg

removed the Gas tank. We are buying a new one that goes under the bed.

0D33EFA1-F580-4705-8620-4E3F8D9452A6_zpsvvu9rpem.jpg

Began removing smaller parts from the under the Hood, as well as the hood itself. We are planning on removing the engine and tranny as well, and we are going to re-paint them both.

D09E0CBA-FAE5-4880-8629-D1971FDDCC6A_zpsfbh35f6p.jpg

BFE89256-CF25-435D-BA8D-47DB5B332260_zps5xuo3aat.jpg

Hopefully this weekend we will remove the front fenders, radiator core support, all the HVAC system and most of the smaller parts under the hood. My body guy wants us to leave ti so its rollable and steerable, so will will strip everything else we can.

• 6 months later...

Well it's been a long process but my body/paint guy finally picked up the truck so he can start the body and paint work. We told him to take his sweet time but his wife said he was going to try to finish it before Christmas so he can have some extra cash for presents.

Buy the way we finally decided on a color. No turning back now. I think its going to look pretty Awesome. I guarantee you there is not another 67-72 Chevy truck this color, and after a long internet search I cant find any other vehicles painted this same color that are not M3's. So its going to be very unique.

V7LnSSN.jpg

• 3 months later...

So my paint and body guy has been making some progress.Its starting to look pretty good, he has been super busy and just started to get back into working on it. Hopefully has has it does soon. He told me he wanted to get it done before his baby come in April.

979C13F6-74EC-42F5-92CD-9844EAEAABFA_zps

In the mean time, I have been cleaning, sanding, and re-painting some of the under the hood parts to prepare them for re-assembly.

DD49F4D6-7121-4C8E-B865-6B625E213A36_zps

AB0DD866-41BF-434C-A975-C9616D8485F4_zps

D37A733C-BDE6-4A34-B972-42943E2A4350_zps

AB36E2D4-F209-490C-80FA-047D62370129_zps

4C037386-DFE9-48D8-89FD-89FC6C150ABC_zps

Im getting super excited.

• 3 months later...

Well my buddy has started making more progress on the truck. He told me that the bed is super straight which is very rare I guess. But it does have a ton of holes so its kinda a pain to work on but hes starting to work super hard on it so he can get it done.

177F67BF-410D-4AA5-A509-BD80334F60F3_zps

F94246C3-AF32-4A5F-9BEC-953A92FB6859_zps

7FD61247-00BD-43B2-B9BB-6B670D49A616_zps

54E7B1EB-6262-4F19-90FE-27B77D41AA02_zps

In the lase picture you can see his 68 he has been working on since he was a kid. Hes got it bagged and made it so it can be completley dropped to the ground. Pretty badass, he just never has time to work on his own project because he is always doing projects for someone else.

Great to see that your project is still coming ahead.

Yeah its getting there. I told my buddy to take his time. He did not do much work this winter because he did not have heat in his shop, then his wife gave birith, and immediately she had to have surgery. So one thing after another. He is trying to bust it out this summer. So hopefully it will be done fairly soon.

Going to be a pretty sick truck. Plus you'll always have the memories of doing the project with your dad. I've been hooked on these since Project Copperhead from Stacey David. Good luck with this beauty.

Going to be a pretty sick truck. Plus you'll always have the memories of doing the project with your dad. I've been hooked on these since Project Copperhead from Stacey David. Good luck with this beauty.

Yeah its always fun working on things with your father. This will be our second project together. We restored his original chevelle in the 90's. I hope to one day work on a project like this with my own son or daughter. My buddy who is doing the paint and body work is teaching his 10 year old son the tricks of the trade and his son is helping him out with my truck, which I think is pretty cool.

• 2 months later...