Diggerdan11's 1969 Chevy C/20 Build

diggerdan11

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see it all put back together. You pic your wheels out yet?

Me too, I'm super excited! I know what wheels i want but I'm just going to keep the current ones until i do a swap to make it a 5 or 6 lug, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. My biggest concern is getting her back running and put back together so it's drivable. Then I will start thinking about axel swaps etc.....

The body is back on the freshly painted frame

AA2AF5DC-C060-461C-B825-2494600702C6_zps

354B1DFB-5E68-4278-B9BD-C56F6F7F1CDC_zps

The paint work is almost all done. My friend has to do a little bit of work on one of the fenders. He was not 100% happy with the way it turned out. Then he will put the fenders back together, then the hood, and glass, then he will deliver it to me.

Its getting closer and closer

I'll bet it's nice to see the motor back in there. Frame looks good with the shiny paint. :thumbsup:

Are you leaving the drum brakes on up front?

For now. Since it is a 3/4 ton 8-lug it is much harder to get parts for disc brakes. I have found 1 kit online but it is $1,200. I guess you can also use parts from the 73-87 body styles as well. I guess sometime in the 80's they when to front discs on the 3/4 tons.

My plan for the future is to eventually swap out the axles to 5 or 6 lug. Not only will it then be easier to do disc brakes, but then I will have a million more wheel options.

For now. Since it is a 3/4 ton 8-lug it is much harder to get parts for disc brakes. I have found 1 kit online but it is $1,200. I guess you can also use parts from the 73-87 body styles as well. I guess sometime in the 80's they when to front discs on the 3/4 tons.

My plan for the future is to eventually swap out the axles to 5 or 6 lug. Not only will it then be easier to do disc brakes, but then I will have a million more wheel options.

That all makes sense. If I'd heard she was a 3/4 ton, I guess I forgot. I see all those studs in the drum, now. Wasn't looking that close earlier.

• 1 month later...

well the truck is still a work in progress. My friend made a mistake and painted parts on the truck seperate which he has done before and thought it would be ok, but it did not turn out so well. Several of the parts did not match exactly so he is going to have to basically re-paint the entire truck.

I guess this color is extremely hard to match. So when he put all the parts back together he could tell the difference in the color of the different panels. Just the exterior of the truck will need to be re-painted. The door jams, under hood, and interior are all close enough you wont be able to tell the difference.

So it looks like it might be a little longer before its done.

• 1 month later...

Here is a little tease. My friend is about ready to deliver it to me, he just has to put the glass back in. Then I will have to figure out when to make a trip to go pick her up. I'm super excited to start working on her. Click the link to see a quick video of it painted.

E2431F27-FC7E-4E6B-BF62-88773A180C07_zps

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54/diggerdan11/1969%20C%2020/th_F974486A-0F28-492C-A8FF-2D7FF2FEA467_zpsgfvc65ow.mp4

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)