Diggerdan11's 1969 Chevy C/20 Build

diggerdan11

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nice looking panel. (It is primer, isn't it? Or have you changed your mind on the color?) :ohmy:

Looking forward to seeing the body back on the truck.

Nope that's the color. Techno Violet

I have seen the underside of the hood in person and it looks great!

I gotcha. I was thinking that you were going with a tangerine orange and so I just figured that that was primer.

Looks like your body guy knows his stuff.

Originally we were going to go with an Orange but when it came time to buy paint we decided to go with BMW Techno Violet. It's going to be very unique.

He does know his stuff. He is also extremely picky about it, and is a perfectionist Which is obviously a good thing.

Originally we were going to go with an Orange but when it came time to buy paint we decided to go with BMW Techno Violet. It's going to be very unique.

He does know his stuff. He is also extremely picky about it, and is a perfectionist Which is obviously a good thing.

I know about the perfectionist thing first hand. It is both blessing and curse if your working for someone other than yourself but overall a good thing if your working with your hands.

Well my friend said he is hoping to finish most of the painting over the next week or two. He just has to finish both bed sides (which are in rough shape), one front fender well, and the driver side door. Then he is going to pull off the cab and fix the rust, then paint the cab, and the frame, engine and trranny, and it should be finished.

Here is a picture of the paint in full sunlight.

F16FE79B-D302-403A-B910-7123C09B9EF3_zps

• 2 weeks later...

A few more teasers:

4DDF88FE-572C-4409-9228-2FC1A8C45954_zps

1FFB67E2-0433-4AA3-BC3B-6C0D39510041_zps

CA14E6FA-9D95-439A-9EE9-589DD3EC4EC9_zps

Sounds like my friend is almost done with all the major panels. Hopefully he will be able to start on the cab and frame next week The cab was the only place with rust so he has a decent amount of patching to do. The frame just needs to be steam cleaned and re-painted, and he is also going to go paint the engine while he has the cab off.

Hopefully he will be done in the next month or so. Then I get to transport it 300 miles and start putting her back together.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah im going to do one of those Vintage Air kits that includes heat and AC. They are pretty cool because they get rid of half of the crap under the hood

I guessed that that was probably what you had in mind. Seems like a good choice to me. I've heard good reviews about them.

• 4 weeks later...

Its starting to come along

93D5456F-C476-40A1-B73D-97DCADFC49F4_zps

The frame and engine are going to be painted very soon. Then the body, fenders, and hood will be put back on and my buddy will be able to deliever it to me.

I have also completed re-painting all of the under hood parts that we saved. I have also completed an entire spreadsheet of parts I know Im going to need to starting getting her into running shape.