Drilling Valve body seperator plate?

This thread is for zippy, and anyone else with some good insight. I was just wondering if instead of doing the whole transgo shift kit you could gain some from just drilling the seperator plate. We did this on my G/f's mustang, and it made a huge difference. Jerry @ superchips helped designed the ford tranny and said that he actually preferrs this to a shift kit. I actually took off the seperator plate, and he drilled the holes for us because he was there. I know that was a ford, and mine is a GM, but I want to know if it work the same way. I am not trying to be cheap here, just concerned about warranty. I know that my dealership would probably void my tranny warranty if they saw all the components of a shift kit in there, but probably wouldn't notice or care if the seperator plate was drilled.

Any thoughts?

Aaron

Do you think that it would be best to drill all of the holes that transgo does, or just the ones for 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift holes?

i would have to see the transgo mapping. i haven't done very many transgo's and don't have any of the instruction sheets around.

Jerry came to beaumont for a dyno tuning day for some mustang guys, and me and my gf drove 6 hours out there to meet him. He tuned her car too while we were there. Jerry is a very cool guy!

All of the guys at Superchips that I've met are awesome. It's really too bad that the stopped doing custom dyno tunes.

Archived