SS Pro's and Con's

04CHASE

Big problem with the resale is that not many people are buying them right now, because of gas prices. I also think that even though the SS has it's good things as far as performance, it is neither the fastest, or quickest truck by far, so some people are turned off by that.

Aaron

What causes the resale to suck the high price of the truck? I cant imagine a truck with such a limited run 2004 SS, less then 5,000 produced would have a crappy resale? Does anyone have a solid reason why it's such a weak resale? :confused:  :flag:

i don't think the run was so much limited to that many. the number produced hasn't even sold yet. there are still 03's left on lots let alone the 04's. of the few problems with SS's, resale i think it hurting the sales even more. most of the kind of people that spend that kind of money for a truck are the same people that buy a new vehicle every couple of years and the thought of taking that kind of hit in the not so far off future isn't a good thing. the 6.0 fuel milage isn't stopping it i don't think. we get people all the time wanting the 6.0 in the half ton Z71 models. for the most part, the SS from the customers i've talked to that have looked into it, but not bought it (we've had a few SS's at work) have been on the two sides of the fence. some love the looks, but don't think it's going to be rugged enough, some just don't think it's fast enough, and some just see the sticker and stop right there. i think if gm had built this truck just as it is except with the cadilac front end and called it an Escalade 1500 they would have sold more. it's the cadillac of trucks at this point (right next to the denali) which leaves it a very small market. at this point personally i see ZERO reason the LQ9 isn't just a normal option in the half ton pickup line. i think they'd gain more sales from putting that engine just in the normal line up than the SS total sales.

Archived