wheel question

Xero

so i went to tire kingdom today and asked about some american racing torque thruster st in gunmetal. 18's in the front and 20's in the back. i want a 245/45/r/18 in the front and a 305/50/r20 in the back. but they cant, said only 285 MAX for both. is this true? also they wanted 3 grand for wheels tires lugs and everything. 45 bucks per wheel for the lugs! 35 for mounting on the car, 45 for balancing. like 285 per 20" rim and 245 fer 18" rim. and 160 per front tire and 185 per rear tire. i think thats insane! for 3 THOUSAND dollars i better get exactly the rims i want in chrome with exactly the tires i want with some super serious tread patterns!!!

what do you gusy think? andyone know where i can find the wheels cheap? an tires like that too? im lookin at some bfg tires

18's in front w/ 20's in back??? Why???

think about the $$$ issue for a second... if you stick w/ the same size all the way around you have the option of rotating your tires and prolonging thier life so your not having to buy a new set as often. PLUS... cosmetically I think it would look much better if you kept the same size on all four (just my opinion) especially if you have plans to drop the truck later.

Do you have more pics of your truck other than the sig? I'd like to see what we're working with here. :cool:

:withstupid:

I think you should stick with the same size tires all the way around. That look has even gone out of style on the old drag cars, they are leaning more towards the big symetrical tires now and I'm sure your back tires will disapear quickely leaving you spending almost 2 hundred bucks on tires plus mounting and balancing. :banghead:

yeah on awd and 4wd you have to have the same size all around or you will mess up the differentials i beleive, and i agree in staying the same size on rims 20 and 18 would look alot different i think 20 would be fine maybe 22's but that is alot of $$$ for 20's i have seen deals out here for like 1500 for wheels and tires but good choice stick witht the same size (or at least the same size tires)

Archived