sound system...

GI.SS

alright im at a bit of a dilemma. I want to put a pretty good sound system in my truck. Double din with every option. the question i have is that i want to put my two 10" subs beneath the rear seat and i can make this fit. I have a kenwood 2 ohm 1000 watt amp and wiring ready for this as well. Im looking to add another amp for door speakers. I have an amp for this as well. Im looking for which speakers would be a good add on for my system or what others have done for theirs. From the factory it came with just a regular cd player with the door speakers and thats it. Also, i will be picking up a capacitor but where is everyone pulling power for their amps from?

Power for amp comes from battery always. From the bat it can then go to a cap then to the amp if you prefer. Alpine type r speakers are good when amped and my favorite amped is rf power series without jumping up to the jl prices witch are by far the best but there so expensive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I am just about to do my system in my single cab z71. A single loaded 10" probox, jbl gto component set, Kenwood navi, a my amps. I'm not doing it so don't have any other specifics, but my buddy who owns a stereo shop is going to start next week. I'll post up results when its done and more info.

On my truck i have a double din pioneer. Door speakers jl audio component speakers 6.5 all 4 doors. Sweet sound. Subs 2. 12" w1. Amp jl audio highs and lows. Battery is a a 850cca and 1000cranckin amp. And when the bass hits no dimming lights . And for ur power get a power disturbution block. I havent had any problem. Main power gose into two one for ur highs and another for highs. If ur sayin the battery is too mutch ive had it for 3 years. And when i clean the truck i take like 3.50 hrs. And im playin music at that time. I also have the system tuned so i can turn it up all the way and no chopping or over wellming distortion. Hopfuly this helps u on ur system.

Arc audio 400 watt amp for the front component set, which is one of Focal new line of speakers. HAD 2 Fi SSD 12's in the back under seat running off a 1500 watt memphis but now its just a single 12. Didnt do anything amp or capacitor wise.

on my truck i have a pioneer headunit w/out the navi but a wonderful system and they have a unit that has a navi system included, i agree with miller if you have the money get the jl audio or if you cant afford that get the alpine type r's i had type s's in my mustang and they were a great system but type r's hit alot harder, but in my truck i have a kicker comp i forget what they call it is like a smaller sub so it can fit under the backseat of the truck this would be a good unit for the navi http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+50W+x+4+MOSFET+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B-/Satellite+Radio-Ready+In-Dash+Deck/4569323.p?id=1218492354874&skuId=4569323 this would be a good place to check for audio http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1JpeN9c0j31/

yea iv been all over crutchfield and i have everything minus a capacitor and components for the doors. pretty much looking at the different ones. I am well aware the you pull power from the battery for the amp... :fart: i was curious if people were pulling from the distro block, alternator, or straight from the battery... as these batteries are side post which makes it pretty difficult to set it up correctly. also running new speaker wire from the amp to the components. also for remote wires for both amps, do you make the split as short as possible?

Focal or PPI Component speakers. 2 JL w7 subwoofer 10 inch (the magnet is huge, a single w7 8 inch is enough for our small truck cabins). My buddy won a NorthEast competition with this, but this was in 2001 and not all accessories to this day have been told. I just know the rear suspension had to be modified to hold the weight the system was.

I plan on do Focal or PPI Components with the orignal Bose cages (or watever goes over the top of the speaker so my truck doesnt get ramshacked).

I cant stand subs anymore or the kids that ride around with their stereos bumping, I use to be like that but realized how rude and annoying it is. Its a cop magnet.