Sprayed on Bed liner

Jim7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go look at both liners the differences are obvious. Line-X preforms better has a better warranty and just plain looks better than the Rhino. I don't think Rhino is a bad product...the Line-X is just better.

I've had a Rhinoliner on my old 90 Chevy Sportside truck and have one now again on my 00 Sierra and have had no problems even with heavy things in the back. The only negative (can't really say negative) is that it did fade somewhat from the UV rays but I guess that's to be expected. Other than that no problems and as far as warranty I am under the impression that Rhinoliner has a lifetime warranty as well. I've never needed it but both dealers advised that if I was ever in an accident where the liner would have to be reshot or touched up that it would be covered.

I'm sure LineX is great as well. At the time there was no LineX dealer near me so the choice was obvious. I really don't think you can make a mistake though with which one you end up going with.

My 2 cents, 00z71sierra

LINE-X does not fade as fast as Rhino. To keep LINE-X from fading at all, you have 3 options:

1. Apply some Just Once (www.justonce.com) on the liner several times a year. It will preserve the color and sparkle.

2. Have the dealer apply Ultrashield. Ultrashield is a one-time application of a UV topcoat. It will give the liner a sort of satin finish.

3. Have the dealer apply Dupont Nason paint. Nason is an automotive urethane based paint and it will not fade. It will give the liner a more glossy finish than Ultrashield.

If you get a LINE-X color match, be sure the dealer uses Nason or PPG paint so that is will not fade. Also, Nason or PPG will more closely match the factory metallic paint's properties than just a pigmented liner. Most other brands just add pigment to the liner and the liner WILL fade.

• 10 months later...
Food for thought.

Line-x, over the rail

liner2.jpg

Gaylord's speedsturr lid, absolutely no rub at all

after%20w_lid.JPG

anyone else have the lid with the line-x over the rail, i just want to make sure that i can do this without having a problem when i get my lid.....Lefty, is there good clearance??

I installed my tonneau cover then took the truck down to the Line-x dealer and they taped off a line so that the line-x would be just above the live of the tonneau cover then they removed the cover and prepped the bed for line-x and sprayed it then reinstalled the cover for me. I have not had any issues with it and I think it was the best thing that could have been done to prevent the paint from being rubbed off.

Archived