Fog lights for my 03 SSS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can jump the relays on the top of the fuse box just by jamming the diode in on the 85 pins on the relays or you can hardwire it in underneath the fuse box. But like Blown346 said, any diode should work fine. I got an assorted pack from radioshack for a couple bucks.

I got all my parts and mounted my fog lights with mail box mounts. I installed my HID kit from DDMtuning and put in my factory switch but my fog lights still wotn come on. I get power to the switch as the cargo light comes on and the orange light comes on telling you the fogs are on. I even tried turning the plug around on the balast to switch the polarity and that didnt even work. Is there something Im missing or maybe I just have a bad set of bulbs or balast?

Your HID kit is fine. You dont have the relay under the hood for the fog lights. GM left that spot empty. What i did was remove the Relay for my daytime running lights and put that in the fog lights place. After you do that you will have light.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone ran 55w HIDs in them??

or is 55w too HOT??

KB-

I actually now have 55w 12000k hids in mine, They look amazing and they are extremly bright. Since I have headlights that are painted black to match my truck, I just use my foglights as my headlights now. Even though I have 55w 12000k hids in both my brights and my regular lights. happy: