anyone got pics of a SS with a axle flip?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of doing a axle flip in the rear.

anyone got pics out there of yours?

I wanna get a idea of how she sits.

KB-

few things

1) belltech notch will box in the frame

2) belltech has a helper bag kit that has some nice big bags on it and bolt in deal

3) if you go djm notch its cheaper but will not box the frame in

I'm dieing to have my rear low again but can't seem to get rid of drive shaft probs and don't wanna notch it yet but even with just shackle and hangers the Ds rubs the crossmember What do I do ??

bigred9-10-12.jpg

3/4 mcgaughys spindles, shackles/hangers

mcgaughy's has a 3" drop spindle? or is it 2" with 1" from adjusting torsion keys? I love the look of yours with the meatier tires and what not

Edited by asullivan (see edit history)

Thx. Yup that's what I have to do I heard I shouldn't cut that tho that's why I held off

I think they cover that in this how to, hopefully this helps

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/suspension/0901tr_chevy_silverado_belltech_lowering_kit/viewall.html

I think they cover that in this how to, hopefully this helps

http://www.truckinwe...it/viewall.html

Nothing in there about cutting a driveshaft loop. Says his truck is AWD, so he wouldn't have a carrier bearing, those are for 2wd 2piece driveshafts.

Nothing in there about cutting a driveshaft loop. Says his truck is AWD, so he wouldn't have a carrier bearing, those are for 2wd 2piece driveshafts.

exactly what i thought when i seen that. all we have to do is grind down some of the crossmember

Anyone know what size shims are used with the bell tech shackle and hangers 3". I believe it's like an 1 1/4 or 1/2 shim Also roll pan for the 04 ss people fab up their own stuff or does anyone sell one that fits right with the indents on the quarter panels ?