What do you guys feed you dogs?

Ruben525

So I've recently heard that Pedigree dry dog food isn't really good to feed your dog. Since I love my dog I want the best for him. What do you guys suggest? I've always bought dog food from Walmart but I did a search online and I read non of walmarts food is good so I'm gonna try petco.

Honestly with dog food even at Petco its almost all crap. 95% of dog food brands all have fillers in them which dont let the dogs digestive system work not only properly but not fully like it should. I just went thru this with my shepherd that is 2. He was really skinny and wouldnt gain weight. Brought him to the vet and she told me he is under weight by 28 LBS. Its due to the food he was getting. I fed him Purina puppy chow until he was 1 like your supposed to, and then the large breed formula after that. he still wouldnt gain weight. The vet said it was the food, the food is garbage and just allows the animals who eat it to get enough nutrients to stay somewhat healthy and survive. After time of feeding this kind of food the digestive system, pancreas and liver dont work the way they are supposed to as they dont recognize the certain proteins and vitamins anymore that need to be there for these organs to work like they should.

I changed food to what she feeds her shepherds and labs. It has no fillers and is packed full of vitamins, meat, chicken, fish, and other proteins. Like i said most foods that we all think are good brands are garbage and arent good for any animal. Companies will put food we cant consume anymore, hydrate the food so all the nutrients are gone and then pack it in dog kibble. Science diet etc can be good food but like my vet said its way to expensive and she wont even use it. You have to know what to look for in the ingredients to make sure its going to be healthy for your dog.

I feed my dogs a Brand called TASTE OF THE WILD. Its $45 for a 35LB bag. if you do switch foods, make sure you feed only a quarter of cup of the new food to the old. say you feed 4 cups of food in one sitting. Feed a 1/4 of a cup new food and the rest old food, slowly add the new food so your dogs digestive system and organs can get used to the newly added ingredients and vitamins etc or they will get sick....

Sorry for the novel. It helped me and my dogs weight and health and if it can help avoid the crap my dog went went thru for someone else to know thats all that matters.

We have 2 dogs and feed them different foods. are male bull dog has been fed iams. we found it works best for him. we have had him on many different type of food until we found out what doesn't make him sick.

But we have a Female bulldog that is about 1 year old and we have found science diet ZD has worked best for her. but the crappy part is its really spendy. a 25lb bag is $98.00 dollars. we are going to be switch her to Blue buffalo real soon. iams and pro plan made her really sick and she broke out really bad. so we switched her to the ZD because the vet said its about the best on the market for her. but its sad to spend almost $300.00 a month just on one dog for food. but we will be switching to blue buffalo which is still a bit pricey but nothing like ZD. from reading on dog forums buffalo is a good food for dogs without a lot of fillers in it.

just be glad your dog doesn't have allergies.

http://www.nationalpetpharmacy.com/product/8843/Hills-Prescription-Diet-z/d-Ultra-Allergen-Free-Canine-Dry-Food?utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=cse

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Taste of the Wild here too. The waterfowl one...the ingredients are better than I eat! My Bullmastiff has a grain allergy, and their whole line is grain free. Vet told me grain is harmful to a dogs diet anyway. Grab the bags and actually look at the ingredients...

Taste of the Wild here too. The waterfowl one...the ingredients are better than I eat! My Bullmastiff has a grain allergy, and their whole line is grain free. Vet told me grain is harmful to a dogs diet anyway. Grab the bags and actually look at the ingredients...

I have the Roasted fowl...

Some of the best food for dogs is actually raw meat. You dont have to buy grade A meat either. Its a natural food source as thats what dogs used to eat when they werent domesticated. Even though they are domesticated now, that still doesnt change that they can eat raw meat. Thats what My vet suggested i do as well but I dont have the extra money to do so every day.... My one buddy does this for his dog, thats basically all the dog gets besides some special wet food. he spends about $50 a week on food for his dog.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)