What do you guys feed you dogs?

Ruben525

I was feeding my bull terrier Chico pro PAC it is about $40 for 35-40lbs bag and isnt sold every where mostly independent pet stores. I seen the difference in my dog as well since he was a puppy the food gave him a lot of muscle tone almost as if he worked out lol that food is supposedly for high energy dog such as pits boxers German Shepard etc they also sell a small breed formula if I'm not mistaken when I switched his food to benefull I seen the difference right away

We do blue buffalo. My in laws cook fresh rice, meat, and veggies for their great dane everyday. It's weird but he stays very healthy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

My in laws cook meat for there dogs also. no veggies but a lot of meat. it is kind of weird but i guess thats what you have to do to keep a big dog heathly. they have mastiff's.

My dog has allergies ... I use grain free food which helps tremendously. I have used taste of the wild it is good bang for the buck type for grain free. He currently is on pure vita nutrisource food grain free and I switch flavors for him every bag. about $60 for 30 lbs I believe. It keeps him healty and less scratching during spring fall seasons.

Ours usually feed themselves what ever they have a hankering for like Wallets, oakleys, boxing gloves, walls, couches, curtains, wash mittens, bath soap (there favorite), DIRTY socks, wife exspensive heals, blankets, dvd's, computer power cord (while plugged in) brand new carpet, underwear, pillows, bed post, sticks, rabbits, vacuum cleaner, paper towels, screw drivers, my wife 600$$ shoie helmet, oh and occasionally Blue buffalo! (like it makes a difference after all that) But that's all! Lol really good dogs though!

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

Ours usually feed themselves what ever they have a hankering for like Wallets, oakleys, boxing gloves, walls, couches, curtains, wash mittens, bath soap (there favorite), DIRTY socks, wife exspensive heals, blankets, dvd's, computer power cord (while plugged in) brand new carpet, underwear, pillows, bed post, sticks, rabbits, vacuum cleaner, paper towels, screw drivers, my wife 600$$ shoie helmet, oh and occasionally Blue buffalo! (like it makes a difference after all that) But that's all! Lol really good dogs though!

wow sounds like my dog when he was a pup. anything left out he would eat. there were a lot of times i just wanted to get rid of him. but he has turned into a great dog. doesn't ever chew up stuff now unless its his toys which is fine cause thats why we buy them. I about shit a brick when I came home after work and he was a pup a chewed off my drawer to my dresser. then the same day chewed apart my eyeglass that i had just dropped $475.00 on.

We feed our Pitt pup Merrick. It's grain free and really high in protein. We used to use taste of the wild but it starting making him sick and found out they had a massive recall. The Merrick has seemed to help with his allergies also....poor dog itches pretty bad when they flair up.

Merrick is a lil expensive but he's became my buddy so it doesn't bother me to spend the money on him.

Since we have dobermans it has been said by many vets and breeders that dobermans need to stay away from chicken because it will hurt there coats and genereal health. Steak and lamb are ok

Edited by KrausMotorSports (see edit history)

Honestly with dog food even at Petco its almost all crap. 95% of dog food brands all have fillers in them which dont let the dogs digestive system work not only properly but not fully like it should. I just went thru this with my shepherd that is 2. He was really skinny and wouldnt gain weight. Brought him to the vet and she told me he is under weight by 28 LBS. Its due to the food he was getting. I fed him Purina puppy chow until he was 1 like your supposed to, and then the large breed formula after that. he still wouldnt gain weight. The vet said it was the food, the food is garbage and just allows the animals who eat it to get enough nutrients to stay somewhat healthy and survive. After time of feeding this kind of food the digestive system, pancreas and liver dont work the way they are supposed to as they dont recognize the certain proteins and vitamins anymore that need to be there for these organs to work like they should.

I changed food to what she feeds her shepherds and labs. It has no fillers and is packed full of vitamins, meat, chicken, fish, and other proteins. Like i said most foods that we all think are good brands are garbage and arent good for any animal. Companies will put food we cant consume anymore, hydrate the food so all the nutrients are gone and then pack it in dog kibble. Science diet etc can be good food but like my vet said its way to expensive and she wont even use it. You have to know what to look for in the ingredients to make sure its going to be healthy for your dog.

I feed my dogs a Brand called TASTE OF THE WILD. Its $45 for a 35LB bag. if you do switch foods, make sure you feed only a quarter of cup of the new food to the old. say you feed 4 cups of food in one sitting. Feed a 1/4 of a cup new food and the rest old food, slowly add the new food so your dogs digestive system and organs can get used to the newly added ingredients and vitamins etc or they will get sick....

Sorry for the novel. It helped me and my dogs weight and health and if it can help avoid the crap my dog went went thru for someone else to know thats all that matters.

Very well said. Petco is all junk. I only go with Canidae or Science Diet. Rachel Ray came out with a brand and just tried it, cant speak for the results though as Im not with my dog right now.

I have tried lots of differetn foods for my dogs. The Expensive stuff like Blue Buffalo and Nutro gave them terrible gas. The cheaper dog food like Iams was so full of fillers that they had to poop all the time. So we switched to Purina ProPlan and the dogs love it.

I have also thought about switching to a raw diet

We feed our Golden's the same food. There is a lot of info in this thread. Without beating a dead horse, just keep one thing in mind. If the first ingredient is CORN, do not buy it. Dogs, like humans, can't digest corn. that is why there is always whole corn in your Sh*t ... You can't digest it.

There are a lot of good brands out there, you just have to pay a little more. Just remember the first ingredient should be Beef, Chicken, Fish or Turkey.

Now Jeff .... We all know who, I mean what, Otto would like to eat ... :crackup: ...