Antenna

SSoCal

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In three months when my free XM runs out I dont plan on subscribing. Is there anyway to get that square antenna off the roof?

You didnt care for the XM? I usually listen to it more than I do the local radio and for 9.99 a month you cant complain to much. Good luck getting it off, I'm sure a good body shop could get rid of it quick.

I was gonna get rid of my XM when it ran out too.  That was 6 months ago!  I love it

I drove from Brunswick, Me to Jacksonville, FL and I dont know what I would have done for 26 hours of driving having to search threw the local stations the hole time.

mp3 cd player, mini disc....some other options.

In three months when my free XM runs out I dont plan on subscribing. Is there anyway to get that square antenna off the roof?

Do you plan on trading your truck in a few years from now? If so, you are removing an option that give you more value for your truck. If you really are going to keep your truck for a long time and that doesn't matter, I'd suggest removing carefully the antenna, the antenna lead-in cabling, the satellite receiver, and other XM components and reselling it. That way, you would recover a bit of the $$$ you will lose and I know a LOT of GM truck drivers who would love to buy this stuff.

Almost everyone I have spoken w/ about Sat Radio loves it. Some that thought they could do without, signed up again after a few weeks without it.

On a side note, I've had both XM and Sirius. I can't rave enough about Sirius. Although, I would have XM if it was the only option.

Also, I used the soundgate adapter to turn the SSS's XM into Sirius. I love it.... :thumbs:

I can't rave enough about Sirius

I have not heard their actual broadcast but have heard some good things about the company. XM has them beat in actual subscribers but they are coming up fast. I just bought a 1000 shares of their stock about a month ago. I bought XM at $3.25 and took it to $28/share before selling. Expect to do the same with Sirius.

I’m curious to know what exactly it is that makes Sirius a more serious satellite radio broadcaster? Is it that it’s just not XM? Or is it an east coast west coast thing?

I absolutely loved XM when I had it, $9 is nothing to pay when you can’t stand commercials and listening to the same 5 songs day in and day out like local radio does.

I drove from Phoenix to Idaho Falls, Idaho in January to go snowboarding; it was great having music through the Indian reservations as well as the mountain passes…to me $9 a month is well worth it…

Well, in my opinion, cough-cough, satellite radio is simply awesome. No other words decribe. I do have a problem, though, when someone sez XM is much better, Sirus is much better. blah blah.

And then they don't explain WHY one is better than the other.

Regarding which is better, a large metro area with great FM stations, or satellite radio? Now THAT is a worthy debate. In my case, I'm too far from Houston to have decent FM, and am too rural for anything else, EXCEPT for satellite radio.

One can go from Seattle to Key West, non-stop (groan), on satellite radio. Simply great.

I listen to hip hop. I said Sirius is better because they have more channels of this, including one that only does mixing. But like I said before, I still have both XM and Sirius in my truck, and planning on keeping both of them. :thumbs:

btw, I wasn't able to open your message. :confused:

Archived